Every day, you live the liberal arts life. How?
- Do you watch movies and then discuss them with your friends?
- Do you read magazines or newspapers?
- USG sponsors a free newspaper program on campus. Look for the newspaper displays throughout campus, swipe your DU ID and enjoy.
- Do you watch or stream the news?
- Are you in a book club?
- Do you talk about politics, culture, travel and jobs with your friends and family?
- Do you travel?
- Do you blog or post your opinions on social media?
Do you contemplate and seek answers to life's big questions, such as
- What is love?
- Why be honest?
- Why does inequality happen?
- What is friendship?
- Why do we fight?
- What does it mean to be a human being?
- What is a participant observer?
- How do people create meaningful lives?
- How do we express ourselves?
- How do we communicate across boundaries?
"A liberal arts education leaves you with many treasures — ideas grappled with, novels explored, art appreciated, history revealed — that enrich your life forever. I have benefitted immensely, both personally and professionally, from the legacy of my undergraduate studies at DU, and cannot imagine a better way to slip into the difficult world of adulthood."
Tomas Kulik (BA '71, Psychology, Pediatric Cardiologist)