We want you to be part of our story! What have you been doing that we can share with the DU community? Share you story via email.
IPPS Graduate Reception and Master's HoodIng Ceremony
The Public Policy Graduation Reception will be held Thursday, June 5th from 5:00pm – 7:00 pm at the Inn at Cherry Creek (233 Clayton St).
We will be honoring all graduating students of the Bachelor's and Master's programs graduating in Winter, Spring and Fall of 2014.
All PPOL students, faculty and staff are invited to attend. Family and friends of graduating students are also invited. Light appetizers and drinks will be served.
Please contact Erin Dietrich at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Counterpoints: Physician Assisted Suicide
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 - 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Newman Center for the Performing Arts - 2344 E. Iliff Ave
- Honorable Richard D. Lamm - Three term Colorado Governor, Co-Director Institute for Public Policy Studies
- Bob Enyart - Board Member, Colorado Right to Life
- Ian Farrell - Assistant Professor, Sturm College of Law
- Charles Hamlin - Board Member, Compassion & Choices; retired surgeon
- Julie Reiskin - Executive Director, Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
The video for the event will be available soon.
Rural/Urban Divide: Is Perception Reality?
IPPS co-hosted the Rural/Urban Divide conference with the German Marshall Fellowship program on February 8th from 9am – 11:30 am. The panel will be moderated by MPP alumni, Jason Gelender with panelists including:
- Terrance Carroll, former Speaker of the Colorado House of Representatives and Marshall Memorial Fellow
- Pamela Shockley-Zalabak, Chancellor of University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- Sam Mamet, Executive Director of the Colorado Municipal League
- Jeffrey Hare, Treasurer of the 51st State Initiative
News - Fellows Selected for Marshall Fellowship
The Institute for Public Policy Studies at the University of Denver, as the regional coordinator for the Marshall Fellowship, is pleased to announce the following Rocky Mountain regional leaders as Fellows for the 2013 Marshall Fellowship:
- Councilman Albus Brooks, Denver City Council District 8
- Major Thomas Heier, US Air Force
- Dr. Janet Lopez, Rose Community Foundation
- Leslie Oliver, Policy Director for Congressman Ed Perlmutter
Click here for the press release and a list of Rocky Mountain Regional Fellows.
The selection of 2014 Fellows will be announced in early March. Read more about the GMF Rocky Mountain region selection process.