Concerto/Aria Competition Rules and Pre-Approval Information (Due April 15, 2017)
1. Participants must be enrolled in the 2017 Lamont School of Music Summer Academy and have paid their non-refundable deposit of $500 by April 15, 2017.
2. One concerto movement or aria only. Memorization required.
3. Concerto movement must meet the following criteria:
* Length of movement no longer than 12 minutes
* Orchestration must be for either string orchestra or classical orchestra instrumentation. (Classical orchestra instrumentation: strings, 2 flutes, 2 clarinets, 2 oboes, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 2 trumpets and timpani)
* Orchestra parts must be available for purchase. Pieces for which the orchestra parts are only available for rent are not eligible.
**NOTE: exceptions in length and instrumentation will be considered on a case to case basis
4. All repertoire must be submitted for pre-approval by April 15, 2017. Submit repertoire by email to Mary Beth Shaffer, email@example.com. (See pre-approval form below.)
5. Once pre-approved, mail your concerto competition application (application may be found under concerto aria competition at www.du.edu/lamont/summeracademy,) and $35 application fee to: Lamont School of Music Summer Academy, Lamont School of Music, University of Denver, 2344 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO 80208, and submit your application and video audition with accompaniment by May 1, 2017, via YouTube link to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be the featured soloist with the Academy Orchestra on Sunday, July 2, 2017, in Gates Concert Hall, University of Denver, Robert and Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts.