The Anna Maglione-Sie Endowment in Italian Culture at the University of Denver was created in 2008 through a major gift from the Anna and John J. Sie Foundation. The mission of the endowment is to promote Italian culture and the distinction of the Italian program at DU.
Initiatives of the endowment include: visiting scholars and symposia in the field of Italian studies, Italian faculty research and travel grants, and the opportunities listed below.
AHSS RESEARCH TRAVEL GRANTS
The endowment supports research travel grants for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences faculty. Recipients are chosen based on the following factors:
- Relevance for Italian studies or Italy
- Clarity of the project's goals
- Project's impact in its field
Applications are typically accepted annually in March.
For more information, contact the Maglione-Sie chair:
Anna Maglione-Sie Endowed Professor of Italian Culture
Assistant Professor of Italian
Sturm Hall, Room 331
The Anna Maglione-Sie Endowment also supports undergraduate scholarships for students majoring in Italian.
- Declared Italian major at DU
- Full-time status (12-18 qtr. hrs.)
- Overall GPA of 3.0 and a GPA of 3.5 in Italian
- Must be in at least the second year of Italian studies
Recipients will be chosen based on academic merit and financial need. Scholarships are worth up to half-tuition. Students may receive the scholarship while studying abroad in an approved program in Italy.
Typically, applications are due in mid-April. To apply:
- Log in to webCentral.
- Go to the Student tab.
- Find the Financial Aid Information box.
- Click on the DU Departmental Scholarship Application link.
- Complete the universal application.
For more information about this scholarship, contact the Office of Financial Aid:
University Hall, Room 255