Requirements for the minor in Spanish include:
- A minimum of 24 quarter hours of approved courses above the level of SPAN 2001
- Four of the 24 quarter hours must be from a 3000-level course
- Four of the 24 quarter hours must be from SPAN 2100
- Four of the 24 quarter hours must be from SPAN 2300
- Four of the 24 quarter hours must be from SPAN 2350
Note: For students who entered DU prior to fall 2009, all classes above SPAN 1003 can be applied to the Spanish minor.
Students are advised to keep an eye on prerequisites:
- SPAN 2100 is a prerequisite for SPAN 2300 and 2350.
- SPAN 2300 is a prerequisite for Iberian-themed courses.
- SPAN 2350 is a prerequisite for Latin American-themed courses.
TRANSFER CREDIT POLICY
A maximum of 12 quarter hours of transfer credit from other institutions may be allowed toward minor requirements. This might include study abroad, AP, IB and Spanish classes from other accredited universities.
Typically, in order to apply transfer credits to the minor, the courses must have some equivalent in the Spanish program curriculum at the University of Denver. Students are encouraged to consult with their advisers or their study abroad advisers when seeking transfer of credit for Spanish.