Are you interested in learning more about the Spanish language and Spanish-speaking cultures? Join DU's Spanish Club!
The Spanish Club is an environment outside of the classroom where those who have a passion for Spanish-speaking culture can get together, participate in activities and meet other like-minded DU students. Additionally, the club honors the importance of helping the community by participating in community service projects. This club is student-led, providing students with the chance to develop their leadership skills and make a difference in their community.
By joining the Spanish Club, you can celebrate Hispanic holidays, learn about different customs, and experience the food, music and art of Spanish-speaking countries.
Some of the Spanish Club's favorite activities include:
- Day of the Dead Celebration: Learn about how Mexicans recognize and celebrate death. Give presentations and display an altar in memory of the dead.
- Cooking Classes: Learn how to cook authentic Latin American and Spanish cuisine.
- Creative Writing Contests: Share your creativity by writing in Spanish, both in prose and in verse.
- Spanish Film Festivals: Watch movies from Latin America and Spain.
- Art Museums: Visit the Museo de las Américas in Denver.
Like us on Facebook to connect with members, get involved and learn more about the club.
For additional information, contact the Spanish Club advisers:
Senior Lecturer of Spanish
Sturm Hall, Room 305