Office Location: Media, Film & Journalism Studies Building, Room 107
Areas of Focus
Promotional culture and identity, branding, public relations; critical/cultural studies, feminist thought, qualitative research methods.
Research focuses on nation branding and public diplomacy; critical studies of consumerism and globalization; cultural change in post-communist Europe.
- PhD, University of Colorado at Boulder (2007)
- MA, Syracuse University (1999)
- BA, American University in Bulgaria (1997)
- Editor of Branding Post-Communist Nations: Marketizing National Identities in the 'New' Europe (Routledge, 2011 hardback / 2014 paperback)
- Guest-editor of "Mediating Post-Socialist Femininities" – a special issue of the journal Feminist Media Studies (forthcoming in 2015)
- Visiting Fellow, University of Tampere, Finland, Spring 2014