Please note Dr. Hankin is not accepting graduate applicants
Areas of expertise/Research interests
- depression and mood disorders in youth
- developmental psychopathology
- Gene-Environment Mood (GEM) Study
- Barrocas, A., Hankin, B.L., Young, J.F., & Abela, J.R.Z. (2012). "Rates of non-suicidal self-injury in youth: Age, gender, and behavioral methods in a general community sample." Pediatrics.
- Hankin, B.L. (in press). "Future directions in vulnerability to depression among youth: Integrating risks across multiple levels of analysis." Journal of Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychology.
- Hankin, B.L., Nederhof, E., Oppenheimer, C.W., Jenness, J.L., Young, J.F., Abela, J.R.Z., Smolen, A., Ormel, J., & Oldehinkel, A.J. (2011). "Differential susceptibility in youth: Evidence that 5-HTTLPR x positive parenting is associated with positive affect 'for better and worse'." Translational Psychiatry (Nature publication), 1, 1-7.
- Hankin, B.L., Jenness, J., Abela, J.R.Z., and Smolen, A. (2011). "Interaction of 5-HTTLPR and idiographic stressors predicts prospective depressive symptoms specifically among youth in a multi-wave study." Journal of Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychology, 40, 572-585. PMID: 21722029
- Hankin, B.L., Badanes, L.S., Abela, J.R.Z., and Watamura, S.E. (2010). "Hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis dysregulation in dysphoric children and adolescents: Cortisol reactivity to psychological stress from preschool through middle adolescence." Biological Psychiatry, 68, 484-490. PMID: 2049790
- Hankin, B.L., Gibb, B.E., Abela, J.R.Z., and Flory, K. (2010). "Selective attention to affective stimuli and clinical depression among youth: Role of comorbid anxiety and specificity of emotion." Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 119, 491-501. PMID: 20677838
- Hankin, B.L., Stone, L.B., and Wright, P.A. (2010). "Co-rumination, interpersonal stress generation, and internalizing symptoms: Sex differences and transactional influences in a multi-wave study of adolescents." Development and Psychopathology, 22, 217-235. PMID: 20102657
- Abela, J.R.Z. and Hankin, B.L. (Eds). (2008). Handbook of Child and Adolescent Depression. New York, NY: Guilford Press.