Please note Dr. Miller is not accepting graduate applicants
Areas of expertise/Research interests
- corporal punishment
- domestic violence
Pamela Miller specializes in child and adolescent developmental psychology and has co-authored journal articles on parenting and family conflict.
She has taught a wide variety of psychology courses at DU and the University of Houston. Since 1999, she has served as a reviewer for the Journal of Marriage and the Family.
- PhD, University of Texas at Austin
- MA, University of Texas at Austin
- BA, University of Notre Dame
- Jouriles, E. N., McDonald, R., Rosenfield, D., Stephen, N., Corbitt-Shindler, D., & Miller, P. C. (2009). "Reducing conduct problems among children exposed to intimate partner violence: A randomized clinical trial examining effects of project support." Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 77 (4), 705-717.
- Dix, T., Gershoff, E. T., Meunier, L. N. & Miller, P. C. (2004). "The affective structure of supportive parenting: Depressive symptoms, immediate emotions, and child-oriented motivation." Developmental Psychology, 40 (6), 1212-1227.
- Miller, P., C., McDonald, R., & Jouriles, E. N. (2001). "Family problems." In J. Touliatos, B. Perlmutter, & G. Holden (Eds.), Handbook of Family Measurement Techniques, Sage.
- Holden, G. W., Miller, P. C, & Coleman, S. D. (1999). "The instrumental side of corporal punishment: Parents' practices and outcome expectancies." Journal of Marriage and the Family, 61, 908-919.
- Gershoff, E. T., Miller, P. C., & Holden, G. W. (1999). "Parenting influences from the pulpit: Religious affiliation as a determinant of parental corporal punishment." Journal of Family Psychology, 13, 307-320.
- Holden, G. W., & Miller, P. C. (1999) "Enduring and different: A meta-analysis of the similarity in parents' child rearing." Psychological Bulletin, 125, 223-254.
- Miller, P. C., Shim, J., & Holden, G. W. (1998). "Immediate contextual influences on maternal behavior: Environmental affordances and demands." Journal of Environmental Psychology, 18, 387-398.
- Franklin, C., Grant, D., Corcoran, J., Miller, P. & Bultman, L. (1997). "Effectiveness of prevention programs for adolescent pregnancy: A meta-analysis." Journal of Marriage and the Family, 59, 551-567.