The Lawrence Miller Graduate Fellowship is an endowed fellowship fund established by The Graduate Affairs Committee (GRAF) and Area Heads.
This fellowship funds students to attend workshops and institutes that will advance their training. Proposals will be considered early in winter term to enable students to attend summer workshops.
What should your application include?
The application should include the following items:
- a curriculum vita
- an itemized budget (may include travel, living expenses, fees, miscellaneous expenses like materials, computer time, etc.)
- a letter describing the institute/workshop and indicating how it will aid your education
- a letter of recommendation from your adviser commenting on your ability, accomplishments, and the value of this workshop or institute for your training.
Other important information:
- Awards will be decided on the basis of a student's record and the judged value of the proposed training opportunity. Decisions will be made by the Area Heads.
- Applications should be submitted by the third week of March. Please contact the chair of the Department of Psychology for the exact due date or if you have any further questions.