The Lawrence Miller Graduate Fellowship is an endowed fellowship fund named after a former chair of the department.
This fellowship funds students to attend workshops and institutes that will advance their training. Proposals will be considered early in winter term to enable students to attend summer workshops.
Your application should include the following items:
- a curriculum vita
- an itemized budget (may include travel, living expenses, fees, miscellaneous expenses like materials, computer time, etc.)
- a letter describing the institute/workshop and indicating how it will aid your education
- An email from your adviser confirming they have reviewed and support your application
Other important information:
- Awards will be decided on the basis of a student's record and the judged value of the proposed training opportunity. Decisions will be made by the Area Heads and the Department Chair.
- Applications should be submitted to Paula Houghtaling
- There is a lifetime total limit of $1,500 per student.