Our advising appointment system allows you to make and change appointments online.
You must register online each year to access the system and make appointments. There are two steps to registering:
1) Register on Sona Systems. (If you've used the Web system to sign up for an extra credit study in a psychology class, you've already done this. You can skip to step 2.)
- Go to our Sona Systems login page.
- Click the "Request an account here" link on the left side of the screen.
- Complete all the information on the form.
- You will receive an email with your new account information.
2) Join the "Advising for Psychology" course. (Skip this step if you've already signed up for "Advising for Psychology.")
- If you are logging in for the first time, you will be asked to select the courses you are enrolled in. Add "Advising for Psychology" as well as any other psychology courses you're taking.
- If you have already registered and have been using the system:
- Log in to the system.
- Click "My Profile."
- Click "Change Courses" at the bottom of the page, above the "Update"button.
- Select all courses you are enrolled in (including "Advising for Psychology"), and click "Save Changes."
- Click "Update."
Signing up for advising
Once you've registered each year, you can log on to Sona Systems and make appointments:
- Click "Study Sign-Up."
- Select "Advising Appointments."
- Find an open appointment time slot by clicking on "View Time Slots for This Study."
- Once you've found your preferred time slot (and the adviser you want, listed in the "location" column), click the adjacent "Sign Up" link.