Students assume sole responsibility for planning their courses and academic activities.
You are responsible for understanding major, minor and degree requirements. If you do not follow these advising activities, you risk not graduating on time.
Be sure to review your academic schedule, APR (Academic Progress Report) (PDF), degree requirements and career plans with a Department of Psychology academic adviser, as well as your FSEM adviser your first year.
Although you are not required to meet with a major adviser until your sophomore year, we strongly recommend meeting with one your first year.
- Meet with a psychology adviser to learn about the department, opportunities and degree requirements.
- Apply for the Cherrington Global Scholars program if you want to study abroad.
- Apply for the Departmental Distinction Program, if applicable.
- Apply for graduation. You must apply 4 quarters before the quarter during which you plan to graduate.
- Apply for Field Experiences, if interested.
- Enroll in PSYC 3999 (0 credits), Senior Assessment (required for graduation; taken online any quarter of your senior year).
In addition to these deadlines, see our recommendations for planning for your career or graduate school.