Undergraduate Application Checklist
Please submit the following to Undergraduate Admission:
1. A completed Common Application or Pioneer Application for Undergraduate Admission . All students interested in pursuing a major through the Lamont School of Music must apply as Regular Decision to the University of Denver by January 15, 2014. Applications submitted after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Lamont does not offer Early Action as an admission option.
2. Pay a $65 non-refundable application fee (check, money order or online payments accepted).
3. Submit an official secondary school transcript or official verification of the High School Equivalency Diploma (GED).
4. Have the official results of the SAT (DU code is 4842) and/or ACT (DU Code is 0534) sent via testing agency. The writing components for both the SAT and ACT will be accepted for review but will not be used for admission decisions.
5. Submit an essay (included in the application form).
6. Submit a school counselor recommendation/report (required); a teacher recommendation is optional.
7. International Students submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. For specific requirements, click here.
8. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and CSS PROFILE by February 15 for priority consideration.
Please submit the following to Lamont School of Music Admission:
9. A completed Lamont Undergraduate Application by January 15, 2014. The application is online and can be found here. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
10. Jazz Studies and Commercial Music Majors- upload pre-screening video through the online application.
11. Voice Majors- upload pre-screening video through the online application.
12. Performance majors in all programs- complete your Music Audition. Audition information/requirements can be found here.
13. Composition students- upload a portfolio of at least two scores through the online application. At least one of these scores must be notated by hand (not by computer). Recordings are optional but encouraged. Scores must be submitted electronically through the online application.
14. Recording and Production Students must-
- Perform a successful audition in a performance area.
- Submit a demo of audio recording work through the online application.
- Submit a 1-2 page technical explanation of involvement and technical setup used and a statement outlining your future plans and reasons for desiring admission to this program.
- A final interview with the Director of the Audio Production Program may be required.
Additional Items for Transfer and Adult students
15. If you have completed less than one year of college study (30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours), you MUST also submit 1) an official secondary school transcript and 2) official results of the SAT and/or ACT.
16. Submit official transcripts from all college-level study attempted at previous and/or current institutions.
17. Complete and return the Music Transfer Eligibility and Release form to Lamont.
18. OPTIONAL: Submit a teacher, professor, advisor or employer recommendation.
To be considered for admission, students transferring to DU from another accredited institution must have a competitive GPA in all college course work. The admission committee looks for grades that reflect solid work at the college level - generally "B" or better - and coursework that demonstrates serious intentions. In addition, we consider any special situation or circumstance that may have influenced your academic performance in college. If you're unsure about your candidacy to the University of Denver, please consult one of our admission counselors.