Undergraduate (BM and BA)
- All major scales, two octaves, in eighth notes, quarter note = 100 b.p.m.
- Kopprasch, Sixty Selected Studies, etude 6, 8, or 9 or comparable etude
- Mozart, Concerto No. 3, K. 447, first movement, or comparable solo
- Sight reading to be selected at the audition.
Graduate (MM) and Certificate in Performance
All major and minor scales, two octaves, in eighth notes, quarter note = 100 b.p.m.
One Etude from Kopprasch, Kling, or Gallay
Two Orchestral excerpts of the auditioner's choice
One Solo Work minimum difficulty of:
* Richard Strauss, Concerto #1 or #2
* Reinhold Gliere, Concerto, Op. 91
* Robert Schumann, Adagio and Allegro
Sight reading to be selected at the audition