Hello, I'm David Genova, director of the Community Program at Lamont. Thank you for visiting our web site.
The Lamont School of Music believes strongly in our role as a musical and artistic resource for the community at large.
- As such we have created a program within the school dedicated to Community outreach and service. Lamont has worked closely with select youth organizations to help them operate at a high level, providing rehearsal space, Lamont faculty involvement, and scholarship programs.
- In the same spirit, Lamont has collaborated with adult community orchestras and provided space in our Concert Halls for important events like the Colorado State Music Teachers Association annual Concerto Competition Winners Concert.
- For individuals who wish to have the college experience in a less demanding format, Lamont offers Certificate Programs in a variety of areas at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Lamont serves as a resource for individuals seeking private teachers at any level by directing them to quality teachers, on most instruments. Contact Carrie Sullivan to find the private teacher for you.
- During Summers, Lamont offers a unique series of courses many of which are open to university and non-university students. Some of these are short term, highly focused learning experiences in specialized areas like audio recording or teacher training.
- Because of our strong dedication to education for all, Lamont has participated in developing opportunities in music for disadvantaged youth in which Lamont students have volunteered as teachers. Additionally, Lamont provides activities for adults and senior citizens, and continually develops new and exciting offerings for our community audiences.
Thanks again for your interest in Lamont.
I invite you to spend a few moments viewing the various listings on the Community Program web site, and encourage your inquiries for more information on any of our programs and activities.