Spanish minors are required to take 24 quarter hours of approved courses above the level of SPAN 2001. A maximum of 12 quarter hours of transfer credit from other institutions may be allowed towards minor requirements. The following courses must be taken as a portion of the 24 total hours required:
- Four (4) of these 24 credit hours must be from SPAN 2100, or equivalent*
- Four (4) of these 24 credit hours must be from SPAN 2300, or equivalent
- Four (4) of these 24 credit hours must be from SPAN 2350, or equivalent
- A minimum of four (4) of these 24 credit hours must be at the 3000 level**
*SPAN 2100 is a prerequisite for SPAN 2300 or 2350
**(SPAN 2300 is a prerequisite for Iberian-themed courses, while SPAN 2350 serves as a prerequisite for Latin American-themed courses)
- For students entering DU prior to fall 2009: all classes above Span 1003 count towards the Spanish minor.
- For students entering DU in the fall of 2009 or later: all classes above Span 2001 count towards the minor.