If you're interested in applying for a theatre scholarship, please contact Jennifer Forsyth, 303-871-2518, to request an audition date and time. All theatre scholarship auditions must be completed by March 10, 2017.
Acting Auditions will be held on January 27, February 10, February 24, March 3, and March 10 from 2:00 - 5:00pm. We can accommodate other dates and times as needed. We do not hold auditions on Saturdays or Sundays.
- After we receive your audition request, we will assign you an audition slot, and contact you to confirm the date and time.
- Plan to be at Johnson-McFarlane Hall at least 10 minutes before your audition to warm up. The audition/interview will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Prepare two contrasting monologues, no more than three minutes total (for example, one comic and one serious piece, or one Shakespearean and one contemporary piece). Please choose at least one Shakespearean piece.
- You may sing a song in addition to the three-minute auditions. Please bring your accompaniment on CD.
DESIGN, TECHNOLOGY, STAGE MANAGEMENT, PLAYWRITING, DIRECTING PORTFOLIO REVIEW
Portfolio Reviews are by appointment only. Please contact Jennifer Forsyth, 303-871-2518, to schedule a date and time.
- After we receive your request for a portfolio review, we will assign you a 30-minute audition slot, and contact you to confirm the date and time.
- Plan to be at the theatre at least 10 minutes before your audition time to set up. The audition/interview will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Bring applicable items from the list below:
- programs, with your name, indicating what you did on various productions
- samples of your writing (i.e., plays, scenes, screenplays, etc.)
- your own light plots, costume sketches, makeup designs, set designs, etc.
- photos of costumes, sets, lighting, makeup, etc., that you've created
- director's or stage manager's prompt scripts
- video samples of productions you've designed and/or directed
- sketches or notes on what you've done or plan to do
- Prepare a five-minute presentation explaining your best work from the above items.
- After your presentation, you will have a 15-minute interview with the faculty member(s) who watched your presentation.
We look forward to seeing your audition and/or portfolio!