The Department of Theatre aims to:
- Connect our students to faculty who complement classroom learning with creative theatrical, design and technical work.
- Recruit faculty who empower students to excel creatively and academically.
- Give students the tools to synthesize classroom lessons into new works of theatrical art.
We also instill, develop and reward critical thinking in our undergraduate majors with:
- real practice acting, designing, creating and lighting sets, as well as producing, writing and directing
- growth opportunities through our network of local, national and international theater communities