What are you auditioning for?
Big Love by Charles Mee
White Box Studio
Directed by Allison Watrous
February 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 2014
Cast size: 8
Dog Act by Liz Duffy Adams
Directed by Rick Barbour
February 27 - March 9, 2014
Cast size: 6
4000 Miles by Amy Herzog
Staged reading in the Byron Theatre
Directed by Cicely Galm
January 17, 2014
Maximum cast size: 6
Thursday, January 9, 6:30pm - 10pm in JMAC
The sign-up sheet is posted in JMAC. Auditions are in five-minute slots.
Read the plays. Contact Jennifer Forsyth for a copy.
- Prepare 1 contemporary monologue that might work within the worlds of heightened/poetic language found in Big Love and Dog Act. READ THE PLAYS FIRST. The monologue you choose can be up to 90 seconds in length.
- Prepare a soulful song (a capella) in the vein of "You Don't Own Me"
- Both the monologue and the song are required.
- The directors for each production will be in the same room together.
- One audition for all three shows.
All actors need to check in with stage management at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled audition slot to complete required paperwork.
Friday, January 10, 6:30pm - 10pm
Locations: Byron Theatre and Byron Studio (Newman Center for the Performing Arts)
Schedule and assigned scene readings for Big Love and for Dog Act will be posted by noon on Friday, Jan 10 in JMAC.
There will be no callbacks for the staged reading production of 4000 Miles.
Callbacks for Big Love and for Dog Act will be in separate spaces and will include:
- Performing assigned scenes (memorization not required)
- Singing/vocal work
- Dance/stage movement work
Will be posted on the JMAC Callboard by late morning on Saturday, Jan. 11.
Specific rehearsal and performance schedule information for each production will be available soon.