What are you auditioning for?
The Nina Variations by Steven Dietz
White Box Studio
Directed by Anne Penner
October 15, 16, 17 18, 19, 2014
Seagull by Anton Chekhov
Directed by Greg Ungar
October 30 - November 9, 2014
Cleansed by Sarah Kane
Staged reading in the Byron Theatre
Directed by Tony Ryan
September 19, 2014
Thursday, September 11, 6:30 - 9:30 in JMAC White Box
The sign-up sheet is posted in JMAC. Auditions are in five-minute slots.
Please read all 3 plays before auditioning. Contact Jennifer Forsyth for a copy.
- Prepare one monologue, either from one of the plays, or from another play written in the same style. This is all you need to prepare.
You can also do the following:
- Prepare a second monologue (following the same guidelines mentioned above)
- Prepare a song, any style, which you will sing a cappella (there will be no accompanist)
If you want to prepare two monologues AND a song, you are welcome to do so as long as they fit within three minutes.
All actors need to check in with stage management at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled audition slot to complete required paperwork.
Friday, September 12, 6:30pm - 10pm
Locations: Byron Theatre and Byron Studio (Newman Center for the Performing Arts)
Schedule and assigned scene readings for Seagull and for The Nina Variations will be posted by noon on Friday, September 12 in JMAC.
There will be no callbacks for the staged reading production of Cleansed.
Callbacks for Seagull and for The Nina Variations will be in separate spaces and will include:
- Performing assigned scenes (memorization not required)
- Singing/vocal work
- Dance/stage movement work
Will be posted on the JMAC Callboard by late morning on Saturday, September 13.
Specific rehearsal and performance schedule information for each production will be available soon.