Career and Professional Development Resources for Alumni
Whether you're still evaluating new careers, are ready to take the plunge and make a change, or simply want to advance your career, we're here to help—with personalized career coaching, connections to top employers, a large professional network, and relevant professional development.
Online Training & Professional Development
Career webinars - Over 130 webinars by nationally recognized career experts and online courses designed specifically for DU alums on job search, soft skills and encore careers.
- Pioneer Careers - Find local and national jobs posted specifically for Pioneers.
- DU Job Board - Are you interested in working at your alma mater? Check here for open positions on the DU Job Board.
- DU Law Careers Online - If you are a DU Law alum, access this job board for legal openings.
- Alumni Employers - If you have job or internship openings for entry-level or experienced professionals, learn how to recruit Pioneers.
Networking Tools and Resources
- Alumnifire - This DU-centric network is where Pioneers go to provide and find career information. Seek advice directly from alums in your field, network with Pioneers in target companies, or gain local knowledge in a new city.
- LinkedIn - Join one of the many University of Denver LinkedIn groups affiliated with schools and programs, starting with the University of Denver Alumni group, which is over 11,000 strong. Joining helps you connect directly with other Pioneers.
Coaching and Resume Review
- Quick Questions Coaching - Ask a career expert quick questions. Sessions may last up to 15 minutes and no appointment is necessary (first come, first served). Call 303.871.4331 during our office hours:
- Mondays: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 11:30 - 12:30 p.m.
- Expanded Coaching: in-depth coaching, career assessments, interview skills, resume-writing, LinkedIn updates and more through Turning the Corner. Alumni contract directly with Turning the Corner for all services.
- DU employees - Alumni who are current DU employees may make an appointment with the Human Resources Performance & Development Consultant, Mia Elizardi at email@example.com
- Email your resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our expert career coaches will provide feedback within 3 business days.
Career & Professional Development Events & Job Fairs
Alumni Professional Development Series events
- February 21, 6:30-8:30 pm – Resilience
- March 21 6:30-8:30 pm – Finance for those without a Financial Background
- March 28, 5:00-6:30 pm – Working at DU
- April 18, 6:30-8:30 pm – Innovation: Design Thinking
- May 23, 6:30-8:30 pm – Salary Negotiation
- June 13-14 – Get Hired Now (2017 grads only)
- June 20, 6:30-8:30 pm – Personal Branding
DU Women's Professional Alliance Series events
- March 7 – Women in Innovation: Success Powered by Relationships
- April 4 – Pay Equity
- May 9 – How to Succeed in the Workplace
- June 6 – Women Business Owners
- April 18 – Live alumni resume review
- April 19 – Careers for a Cause Job Fair
- June 15 – HireTalent Alumni-Only Career Fair
For the most up-to-date list of upcoming events and career fairs, visit the Pioneer Career Blog
Alumni within one year of graduation continue to receive full services from their student career center. Those alumni who graduated from the Sturm College of Law or a graduate program at the Daniels College of Business or Josef Korbel School of International Studies may receive specialized services from the career center in their school. Those contacts are:
- Career Center
- Sturm College of Law Office of Career Development and Opportunities
- Daniels College of Business
- Josef Korbel School of International Studies
For all questions about how DU can serve alumni, please contact Cindy Hyman, Director of Alumni Career Programs, at email@example.com