- Submit a completed application for admission. We accept both the Pioneer Application and Common Application - please use the form that is most convenient for you. Please note that the Pioneer Application will become available at the end of August and the Common Application will be available beginning August 1.
- Submit an essay (included in the application form).
- Pay a $65 non-refundable application fee (check, money order or on-line payments accepted). Fee waivers for financial hardship are granted upon request - please speak with your counselor.
- Submit an official secondary school transcript or official verification of the High School Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Send the official results of your SAT and/or ACT directly from the College Board or ACT. The DU code for the SAT is 4842; the ACT code is 0534. The writing components for both the SAT and ACT as well as the SAT subject tests will be accepted for review but will not be used for admission decisions. For students who submit results from multiple test dates, we will mix and match the individual section scores to create a composite "superscore."
- Submit a school counselor recommendation/report (Pioneer Application Counselor Recommendation or Common Application Secondary School Report). Counselors can submit documents securely through SENDedu or the Common Application website.
- While not required, you may submit a teacher recommendation to speak further about your academic abilities.
To confirm that we have received your application documents, please log-in to pioneerweb.du.edu using your DU ID and passcode.
Additional or different steps are required for:
- Adult Students - Applicants who have been out of high school for three years or longer and who have no previous college-level study must use the Common Application and have the option of submitting a letter of recommendation from an employer.
- Home schooled Students - Applicants who have been home schooled must submit the same items listed above. Please note that the recommendation needs to come from a non-family member (former counselor, teacher, employer, pastor, etc).
- Music Majors - A music audition and separate Lamont School of Music application are required. All music students will be reviewed during Regular Decision due to the music audition timeline. Contact the Lamont School of Music at 303.871.6973 or email@example.com to arrange your audition.
- Art/Design Majors - BFA programs require the submission of a portfolio. Information on submitted portfolios will be supplied to admitted students for scholarship consideration. Contact the Art Department at 303.871.2846 or firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
- Business Majors - The Daniels College of Business requires going through a secondary application process after your first year of study at DU in order to pursue a business major.