- Submit an essay (included in the application form).
- Pay a $60 non-refundable application fee (check, money order or on-line payments accepted). Fee waivers for financial hardship are granted upon request - please speak with your counselor.
- Submit an official secondary school transcript or official verification of the High School Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Send the official results of your SAT and/or ACT directly from the College Board or ACT. The DU code for the SAT is 4842; the ACT code is 0534. The writing components for both the SAT and ACT as well as the SAT subject tests will be accepted for review but will not be used for admission decisions. For students who submit results from multiple test dates, we will mix and match the individual section scores to create a composite "superscore."
- Submit a school counselor recommendation/report (Pioneer Application Counselor Recommendation or Common Application Secondary School Report). Counselors can submit documents securely through SENDedu or the Common Application website.
- Submit a teacher recommendation (optional).
To confirm that we have received your application documents, please log-in to webcentral.du.edu using your DU ID and passcode.
Additional or different steps are required for:
- Adult Students - Applicants who have been out of high school for three years or longer and who have no previous college-level study must use the Common Application and have the option of submitting a letter of recommendation from an employer.
- Homeschooled Students - Applicants who have been homeschooled must submit the same items listed above. Please note that the recommendation needs to come from a non-family member (former counselor, teacher, employer, pastor, etc).
- Music Majors - A music audition is required. Contact the Lamont School of Music at 303.871.6973 to arrange your audition.
- Art/Design Majors - BFA programs require the submission of a portfolio. Portfolios can also be submitted for scholarship consideration. Contact the Art Department at 1.800.876.3323 for submission instructions.
- Business Majors - The Daniels College of Business requires going through a secondary application process after your first year of study at DU in order to pursue a business major.