The Chester M Alter Arboretum is intended for the study of plants and the passive appreciation of nature. Activities must be conducted in a manner that does not impact or deter the general public's enjoyment of the Arboretum.
Groups and individuals using the Arboretum should be aware of the following rules:
- Picking, destroying, or vandalizing plant material and/or signage is strictly prohibited.
- Climbing trees is not allowed nor is walking in plant beds or mulched areas.
- No wading in the ponds.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Owners are responsible for removal and disposal of their dogs' wastes.
- Motor vehicles are not allowed without special permit.
- Fires and barbecues are prohibited.
- Bicycles are permitted only on paved paths.