You must furnish your correct Social Security Number (SSN) to the University so 1098-T information can be accurately reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Annual reviews will be done by the University to check for student SSNs. If a student does not have an SSN on file, the University will ask the student to complete and return a form W-9S Request for Student's or Borrower's Social Security Number and Certification. W-9S forms can be found on the IRS website, www.irs.gov.
Completed forms should be delivered to the Bursar's Office. Forms can be delivered in person, mailed via USPS or faxed to 303-871-4401.
1098-T tax forms are scheduled to be sent by the University of Denver during January, 2014 for use in filing 2013 taxes. In order to expedite the process and get the information to you as quickly as possible, we are asking for your consent to send your 1098-T tax form electronically. If you would like to receive notification electronically (instead of a paper copy), please give your consent by following the instructions in the link below; if you would like receive a paper copy of your 1098-T form, do nothing. If you do not receive your 1098-T form for 2013, or if your address has changed, you may log into webCentral to print your 1098-T form after they have been mailed. Our office is unable to give any advise about filing taxes; please contact the IRS or your tax preparer for those questions.
The benefits to you of receiving electronic notification are:
- Online delivery provides access to the form 1098-T earlier than the traditional mailing process. You may be able to file your tax return earlier!
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Signing up for online delivery is easy and secure.
- Students can receive their 1098-T form even while traveling or on assignment away from their home address.
To give consent to receive your notification electronically; sign up via the ecoBill Account Management page. A link to this page can be found on the Student Tab in webCentral.
To get your 1098-T form online;
Log into webCentral
- Select the myWeb tab
- Go to Student and Financial Aid
- Select Student Account
- Go to the Tax Notification menu item
- Select a Tax Year and click submit
The 1098-T form for the selected tax year will display. Detailed information can be viewed by scrolling down the page. You may print the form from your web browser to assist you in your tax preparation.