- Be aware. Awareness of your surroundings can add to your safety. If you think you are being followed, or notice someone who is suspicious, go to a place of calculated security and call Campus Safety.
- Use the "Buddy System" whenever possible. Travel with a trusted friend to minimize your vulnerability. When you go to parties or walk in the community, have a friend with you to assure you both are safe.
- If you find yourself needing to travel alone on campus after dark, call Campus Safety for a walking escort. Escorts are available to students, staff and faculty by calling 303-871-2334.
- Become familiar with lighted areas when walking at night. The D.U. campus has several well lit sidewalk areas throughout campus. Use these sidewalks after dark.
- Know where the emergency telephones are located. There are dozens of emergency telephones throughout campus. Use these phones to report any crimes or suspicious activity.
Crime prevention presentations occur regularly during the year and are offered to university departments and individuals. They can also be scheduled as the need arises. For information on scheduling a Crime Prevention Presentation, please contact us.