- advertising sales associate
- account executive
- account manager
- chief content officer
- content strategist
- creative director
- communications specialist
- communications planning director
- data scientist
- digital writer
- digital marketing strategist
- digital designer
- director of community
- engagement coordinator
What is an emergent digital practices major?
The University of Denver's program in emergent digital practices focuses on bringing together art, design, media, culture and technology studies in a hands-on, collaborative environment.
Technology links academic disciplines with professional fields and joins shared communities with our personal lives in many new and exciting ways. Apply critical thinking, creative expression and social engagement through technology-infused settings will help you to thrive.
Common careers for emergent digital practices majors
With a deep understanding of the digital practices with contemporary critical approaches to cultural technologies, many emergent digital practices majors go on to work in a wide array of industries including the electronics, entertainment, business, and nonprofit industries.
Common job titles held by these emergent digital practices majors include:
- interactive media associate
- interactive media coordinator
- Internet marketing coordinator
- lead multimedia engineer
- live events producer
- media manager
- new media product manager
- public relations specialist
- online Content Coordinator
- online event marketing
- social media analyst
- social media coordinator
- social media manager
Professional skills of emergent digital practices majors
In addition to the careers listed above, emergent digital practices majors are well-suited to fields that require the following skills:
- ability to build relationships and community through digital means
- proficiency in innovational thinking
- ability to think critically and apply creative means to projects
- knowledge of social media platforms
- strong communication skills
Is an emergent digital practices major right for you?
Still unsure if you should major in emergent digital practices? Schedule a session with a career counselor, attend our "Choosing a Major" workshop, and attend career events where you can network with employers that hire emergent digital practices majors and alumni who majored in emergent digital practices.
Also, schedule a session with the department chair, where you can explore other possible career paths.