- budget officer
- chief executive officer
- chief financial officer
- cost accountant
- FBI agent
- financial analyst
- financial manager
- financial planner
What is an accountancy major?
The University of Denver's program in accountancy focuses on business disciplines such as marketing, finance and management. You will learn how they're interrelated with accounting. You will acquire strong accounting and tax research skills needed to pass the CPA and attract top recruiters. You will learn how to work effectively with cross-functional teams. You will master sophisticated accounting software and database applications.
Common careers for accountancy majors
With a deep understanding of business disciplines such as marketing, finance and management, many accountancy majors go on to work in the government, nonprofit or various corporate industries.
Common job titles held by these Accountancy majors include:
- industrial accountant
- internal auditor
- internal revenue agent
- investment banker
- loan officer
- management accountant
- public accountant
- purchasing agent
- securities sales representative
- systems analyst
- tax accountant
- tax collector
Professional skills of accountancy majors
In addition to the careers listed above, accountancy majors are well-suited to fields that require the following skills:
- written and oral communications skills, and listening
- ability to solve diverse and unstructured problems
- ability to work with, motivate and manage individuals and groups with diverse members
- appreciation of history and cultures
- awareness of contrasting economic, political and social forces throughout the world
- awareness of effects on organization of economic, cultural and psychological forces
- comprehension of the methods for creating and managing change in organizations
- understanding of computers and computer applications
Is an accountancy major right for you?
Still unsure if you should major in accountancy? Schedule a session with a career counselor, attend our "Choosing a Major" workshop, and attend career events where you can network with employers that hire accountancy majors and alumni who majored in accountancy.