- retail store manager
- job development specialist
- quality control coordinator
- account executive
- management analyst
- equal opportunity representative
- credit analyst
- operations manager
- loan officer
- human resources
- labor relations specialist
- management consultant
- customer service manager
- hotel manager
What is a general business major?
The University of Denver's program in general business focuses business knowledge, technical expertise and management skills required by business today. Rigorous courses and hands-on projects will expose you to a wide-range of business disciplines and methodologies.
Common careers for general business majors
With a deep understanding of business-related disciplines such as accounting, marketing, finance and information systems, many general business majors go on to work in various fields of business and industry or pursue careers within the local, state or federal government. Study in general business is also designed to prepare students to start their own businesses and/or to pursue an advanced degree.
Common job titles held by these general business majors include:
- industrial relations director
- small business owner
- branch manager
- credit and collections
- financial analyst
- management trainee
- manufacturing supervisor
- commodities/stock broker
- public relations manager
- urban planner
Professional skills of general business majors
In addition to the careers listed above, finance majors are well-suited to fields that require the following skills:
- ability to problem solve and trouble shoot
- ability to negotiate, delegate and conceptualize
- ability to plan and organize
- ability to utilize analytical skills
- well-rounded business skills
- ability to make important decisions and implement ideas
- aptitude for leadership, team work and team building
- ability to communicate well with others, both oral and written
Is a general business major right for you?
Still unsure if you should major in general business? Schedule a session with a career counselor, attend our "Choosing a Major" workshop, and attend career events where you can network with employers that hire general business majors and alumni who majored in general business.