- administrative officer
- customs inspector
- economic analyst
- export/import clerk
- financial planner
- foreign commercial service officer
- foreign exchange analyst
- foreign student adviser
- international banker
- international educator
What is an international business major?
The University of Denver's program in international business focuses on the international environment and students become well-educated in the world of business and social science—enhancing the core business courses by increasing the understanding of the complexity of conducting business in a multinational interdependent environment.
In some manner whether it is direct or indirect, international forces impact all companies.
Common careers for international business majors:
With a deep understanding of the international business environment, many international business majors go on to work in business industries where even in domestic operations, competitors, suppliers, customers, employees, managers or even owners are foreign.
Common job titles held by these international business majors include:
- international financier
- international lawyer
- international marketer
- international trade specialist
- Peace Corps volunteer
- political information officer
- political risks analyst
- special agent/FBI translator/interpreter
- travel agent
- United Nations guide
Professional skills of international business majors:
In addition to the careers listed above, international business majors are well-suited to fields that require the following skills:
- ability to adjust to new environments
- ability to solve problems/make decisions
- ability to work well with a variety of people
- appreciation of diverse views
- understanding of world events/effects on business
- strong background in business
- understanding of political influences
- interest in adapting to different cultures and societies
Is an international business major right for you?
Still unsure if you should major in international business? Schedule a session with a career counselor, attend our "Choosing a Major" workshop, and attend career events where you can network with employers that hire international business majors and alumni who majored in international business.