Twitter is a social platform that helps you demonstrate engagement and thought leadership in your field—in 140 characters or less per post. It's also a great tool to help you build your reputation and gather insights from leaders in your field.
When used correctly, it can be a huge asset to your job search—which is why we recommend setting up an account. Start off by following Career Services on Twitter!
To get the most out of Twitter, we recommend:
- Uploading a smiling, professional photograph.
- Writing a brief (but descriptive) profile that clearly identifies your field and career interests.
- Following leaders in your industry to learn from their insights and the links they share.
- Joining relevant industry Twitter chats to connect with your peers.
- Searching for key words relevant to your career interests to find employers posting opportunities on their Twitter streams—particularly in technical and creative fields.
For a more in-depth look at using Twitter to build your career, explore Twello, a tool that helps connect you to relevant Twitter users.