About the Award
The DU Kimmy Foundation Community Service Professional Award reflects the Foundation's commitment to the professional advancement and service of capable young men and women in their growth and development as world citizens.
Award recipients will be chosen from seniors graduating in the spring from DU's traditional undergraduate program based on:
- Past contributions to community service as a DU student
- Future contributions to society via community service/engagement, including specific employment plans following graduation
The Kimmy Foundation's mission is to support youths who exhibit creativity, character, and compassion in keeping with the life and ideals of Kathryn Dougherty Galbreath.
This award highlights the Kimmy Foundation's efforts to support those who give to others and lead the way toward helping their community.
The 2013 award will be $5,000.
Please note: Depending on the awardee's level of unmet financial need, financial aid packages may be adjusted per federal regulations. Students can contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
To be considered for the 2013 DU Kimmy Foundation Community Service Professional Award, students graduating in the spring should submit a letter of introduction/application that details achievements and future plans in terms of the following award criteria:
- completion of at least two service learning courses (for example, classes that involved partnerships with community agencies to solve public problems or provide services)
- completion of a community-engaged/public good research project, separate from work completed in the service learning courses listed above (for example, conducting research with a community partner to understand or address a public problem)
- record of significant community service activities over time
- future contributions to society via community service/engagement, including specific employment plans following graduation
- a resume listing community-engaged work (projects, research) as well as academic work (including coursework, publications, presentations and other relevant academic work)
- your University of Denver 87 ID number
The award recipient will be selected by two representatives from the Kimmy Foundation as well as two DU faculty/staff, identified by the CCESL director.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 16, 2013. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.