Collaborating for the Public Good Forum - Scholarship for Democracy
Wednesday, February 22 | 4:00 – 5:30 pm | Special Events Room (AAC)
We invite you to join the Impact2025 Public Good Implementation Cluster for a forum on Scholarship for Democracy. Quick "lightning talks" by DU faculty colleagues will kick off the event, followed by beer & wine, networking and conversation. Can't make it? Join us live from your computer via Facebook Live and Twitter. See flyer for more details.
RSVPs suggested but not required: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This forum is one in a regular series designed to facilitate dialogue about collaboration to advance community-engaged scholarship. Join us next time for a forum on sustainability.
Wednesday, March 1 | 4:00-5:00 pm | Suite 18, Driscoll South (under the bookstore)
Join us for the March Community Spolight featuring the Women's Homelessness Initiative, a nonprofit organization that provides sanctuary and hospitality every night to women who are homeless in Denver. Their goals are to serve, to educate, adn to advocate. Come learn more about the organization and to brainstorm opportunities for collaboration through research, service learning, and volunteering. Faculty, staff, and students are welcome. Light refreshments provided. RSVPs suggested (not required) to email@example.com.
Public Good Fund RFP Now Available
The RFP is now available for the 2016-2017 Public Good Fund. Grants up to $15,000 are available for projects that will result in measurable impacts in the community through established community partnerships. Read more about the Public Good Fund and find the RFP here.
Community-Engaged Fellows Program
We are excited to announce the launch of the pilot Community-Engaged Fellows Program. The eight graduate student fellows are assigned to an interdisciplinary issue area and charged with co-developing a plan to advance community-engaged work in this area in consultation with community and campus stakeholders as well as CCESL staff.
- CCESL -Supported Workshop on Engaging Islamophobia Brings Together University, Community Stakeholders
- The Act of Writing is an Assertion of Human Rights
- Poems and Battle Cries from the Windy City
- Faculty Video Highlights Service Learning
- Service Learning Scholars Training Offers Alternative Pedagogy
- The 2016 Newman Civic Fellows Convening
- CCESL Leads Workshops at University Events
- MLK Marade: March for What You Believe In
- A Belated Introduction: PA Team Lead Alex Littleton
- Working with Kids to Gain Confidence in Themselves
- DU Students Cast Ballots on Election Day
- PA Summit Gives High School Students a Taste of College Life
- DU Service & Change: Winter Quarter Updates
- Puksta Winter Retreat Recap