Save the Date! CCESL is hosting an Open House on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 in the CCESL offices.
Now Available - The Third Edition Community Organizing Handbook: CCESL is proud to announce that the CO Handbook has been upgraded and now is a complete tool and resource for community organizing. You may find further information about how to use the handbook and getting your own copy by clicking here.
CCESL is Hiring! If you are looking for a meaningful work study position for the upcoming academic year, then check out a various positions we have available from Service Learning Associates, Public Achievement Coaches, Tutors and Mentors to Administrative positions. You can find a complete list of available positions here.
Interesting in doing an unpaid internship with CCESL, contact Cara DiEnno email@example.com to discuss possibilities.
Representatives Available to Register Your Students to Vote! The University’s Center for Community Engagement & Service Learning has arranged for representatives from New Era Colorado, a local nonpartisan civic engagement organization, to be available to register your students to vote and share nonpartisan voting information (e.g., mail-in ballots, forms of identification acceptable for voting) for 5-10 minutes during your class. Representatives arrive 10 minutes before class to register early arrivals and wrap up quickly after checking students’ voter registration forms for completeness.
Please contact Keara Fenzel, firstname.lastname@example.org, Denver lead organizer with New Era Colorado, to schedule a voter registration presentation during your class. Please contact the Center for Community Engagement & Service Learning at email@example.com for any further voter registration questions.
CCESL Open House - To launch an exciting year of community-engaged activities, we invite you to CCESL’s Open House on Tuesday, September 23rd from 4:00pm-6:00pm. Join community-engaged students, staff, and faculty in the CCESL offices (Driscoll South, Suite 18 and 22 - under the bookstore) to learn about community-engagement opportunities (including funding), see our newly reconfigured space, and share in some light refreshments. We look forward to seeing you on the 23rd. In the meantime, please share the attached flyer with friends and colleagues.
CCESL is bringing Dr. Barbara Holland to campus on Thursday 10/23 and Friday 10/24 for a visit focused on deepening community-engaged research and teaching at DU. Dr. Holland will give a keynote address on Friday 10/24 scheduled for 10 a.m. Immediately following the keynote, CCESL will host a reception and poster session to highlight the community-engaged research and teaching happening at DU. As you may know, CCESL supports DU faculty and students doing transformative, community-engaged research and teaching: www.du.edu/ccesl.
Chancellor Chopp has agreed to welcome attendees to the keynote on Friday morning.
Latest Issue of the Public Good Newsletter
- University of Denver Magazine Features AmeriCorps Student Jennifer Paz
- Humanitarian Assistance Applied Research Group (HAARG)
- Puksta Scholar Highlighted in DU Clarion's "Senior Profile"
- Public Good Grant Helps Bereaved Parents with "The Scraps of the Heart Project"
- Public Good Associate Reaches Afghan Students Through Global Text Project
- DUSC's Meaningful Conversations and Inclusive Service in Spring Quarter
- Congratulations to the 2014 CCESL Departmental Award Winners!
- Puksta: Much More than Just a Scholars Program
- Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners in the Classroom
- Alumni Corner: Stephanie Tran
- "Annual Diversity Summit includes Day of Action for school children" Featured in University of Denver Magazine
- PG Grant Supports Textbook Translation Project in Support of University Students in Developing Economies
- DU is Ranked Among Top 25 Universities for Non-Profit and Community Service Ranked by Return
- Public Good Grant: Improving Access to Effective Treatment for Adolescent Depression
- DU Highlighted in the Washington Post for Focus on Service
- AmeriCorps Celebration
- CCESL Is Hiring!