Save the Date! CCESL is hosting his annual open house on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 in the CCESL offices.
Save the Date! The 2014 Community Organizing Institute will be on Friday, October 3rd from 9am-3pm
CCESL is Hiring! If you are looking for a meaningful work study position for the upcoming academic year, then check out a various positions we have available from Service Learning Associates, Public Achievement Coaches, Tutors and Mentors to Administrative positions. You can find a complete list of available positions here.
Interesting in doing an unpaid internship with CCESL, contact Cara DiEnno firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss possibilities.
Representatives Available to Register Your Students to Vote! The University’s Center for Community Engagement & Service Learning has arranged for representatives from New Era Colorado, a local nonpartisan civic engagement organization, to be available to register your students to vote and share nonpartisan voting information (e.g., mail-in ballots, forms of identification acceptable for voting) for 5-10 minutes during your class. Representatives arrive 10 minutes before class to register early arrivals and wrap up quickly after checking students’ voter registration forms for completeness.
Please contact Keara Fenzel, email@example.com, Denver lead organizer with New Era Colorado, to schedule a voter registration presentation during your class. Please contact the Center for Community Engagement & Service Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further voter registration questions.
Save the Date! The CCESL Open House is on September 23, 2014 from 4-6pm - Check back in the Fall for more details!
Save the Date! The Community Organizing Institute will be held on October 3, 2014 - Check back in the Fall for registration dates.
Latest Issue of the Public Good Newsletter
- University of Denver Magazine Features AmeriCorps Student Jennifer Paz
- Humanitarian Assistance Applied Research Group (HAARG)
- Puksta Scholar Highlighted in DU Clarion's "Senior Profile"
- Public Good Grant Helps Bereaved Parents with "The Scraps of the Heart Project"
- Public Good Associate Reaches Afghan Students Through Global Text Project
- DUSC's Meaningful Conversations and Inclusive Service in Spring Quarter
- Congratulations to the 2014 CCESL Departmental Award Winners!
- Puksta: Much More than Just a Scholars Program
- Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners in the Classroom
- Alumni Corner: Stephanie Tran
- "Annual Diversity Summit includes Day of Action for school children" Featured in University of Denver Magazine
- PG Grant Supports Textbook Translation Project in Support of University Students in Developing Economies
- DU is Ranked Among Top 25 Universities for Non-Profit and Community Service Ranked by Return
- Public Good Grant: Improving Access to Effective Treatment for Adolescent Depression
- DU Highlighted in the Washington Post for Focus on Service
- AmeriCorps Celebration
- CCESL Is Hiring!