Service Learning Scholars Program - Applications due November 1st
The Service Learning (SL) Scholars Program is for instructors who are new to service learning. Participants will attend a 2-day workshop (December 6 and 7, 2016) and are expected to teach a service learning course in the academic year following this training.
For more information, check out the Faculty Funding for Community-Engaged Learning page and scroll down to Service Learning Scholars.
Public Good Fund RFP Now Available
The RFP is now availabel for the 2016-2017 Public Good Fund. Grants up to $15,000 are available for projects that will result in measureable impacts in the community through established community partnerships. Read more about the Public Good Fund and find the RFP here.
Community-Engaged Fellows Program
We are excited to announce the launch of the pilot Community-Engaged Fellows Program. The nine graduate student fellows are assigned to an interdisciplinary issue area and charged with co-developing a plan to advance community-engaged work in this area in consultation with community and campus stakeholders as well as CCESL staff.
Community Spotlight featuring Second Chance Center
Wednesday, November 9 5:30-6:30pm CCESL Suite 18, Driscoll South (under the bookstore)
Join us for a Community Spotlight featuring Second Chance Center, an organization that helps formerly incarcerated men and women transition to lives of success & fulfillment and aims to reduce rates of recidivism and protect future generations from the continuing cycle of incarceration. Come learn about the organization's work and brainstorm potential future collaborations in research or service learning. Students, faculty, and staff are welcome. Light refreshments will be served. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Service Learning: Connecting Theory and Praxis
- Impact of Service Learning on Those Who Teach
- Bridging Borders: Community-Engaged Cookbook Project
- Public Achievement: Year in Review
- Recent Grads, Puksta Scholars Reflect on Their Experiences
- Puksta Scholars Program Welcomes Incoming Students
- Grit and Grins at Denver Green School
- Textbook Translation Project Supports Latin American Students
- Undergraduate Student Reflections on Presenting Community-Based Research
- DU Public Good in the Media
- DUSC: Spring Into Service
- Undergraduate Student Research Highlighted at Spring Symposium
- STEM Education Meets Community Engagement
- Alumni Corner: Emily Thomas