What is the Community Engagement Corps?
Since 1996, the Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning has committed to working with Denver Public Schools (DPS) through a dynamic array of school-based civic engagement programs. CCESL has many strong Denver Public School partnerships, which span grades, subjects, focus areas, times and locations.
View a complete list of 2013-2014 Community Engaged School Partners (PDF)
What does a Community Engagement Corps member do?
CCESL's Community Engagement Corps connects students at DU with Denver Public Schools through in-class and out-of-class tutoring support that:
- builds relationships with K-12 students
- provides academic assistance in small groups or individually
- facilitates a better understanding of concepts
- assists students in developing public, academic, and research skills
- engages students in studying and problem-solving strategies.
Community Engagement Corps tutors receive training, critical reflection opportunities and support throughout the school year.
If your school is interested in becoming a Community Engagement Corps school partner and receiving support from DU students, please contact Ryan Hanschen at email@example.com, or 303-871-4281, for more information.
How to apply
Applications are accepted in spring and summer for the academic year that follows.