DU Service & Change (DUSC) is a student organization engaging the DU community in diverse opportunities that facilitate positive change for the greater public good.
DUSC has four separate committees leading different projects:
- Project Action – Weekly volunteer opportunities in the community meant to expose members to a variety of social justice issues. Project Action explores projects meant to start conversations of why these issues exist and the short-term relief volunteering can provide.
- Project Depth – Long term and committed projects where volunteers involved discuss and learn about public issues while exploring their root causes and looking for better solutions.
- Project Immersion – Service projects that educate volunteers and meet critical community needs for an extended period of time where members are immersed in the community.
- Project Volunteer – One day events each quarter where University of Denver students, faculty, and staff can engage in volunteer activities throughout the Denver community.
In addition to these committees, DUSC also organize drives and fundraisers.
Join us at our monthly meetings in Driscoll
South, Suite 18, next to the CCESL office (beneath the DU Bookstore).
For updates, questions, and more: Email DUSC at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our listserv.
Like DUSC on Facebook.
DU Service & Change completed an outstanding inaugural year in 2013-14!
During the academic year, 306 DU volunteers served 1,238 hours through 23 unique service projects working with 16 different community and campus partners across Denver. These partners included:
- A Million Thanks
- African Community Center
- Asbury Elementary
- The Bridge Project
- Café 180
- DU Center for Multicultural Excellence
- DU Programming Board
- Habitat for Humanity
- Lyons Volunteers
- MLK Marade
- Munroe Elementary School
- Oxfam America
- Porter Place
- Ronald McDonald House
- Serve Colorado
- Smith Elementary School
- Volunteers of America
For full details of DUSC's 2013-14 accomplishments, please review the 2014 Return on Investment (PDF).
The DUSC Board looks forward to an equally successful 2014-15 academic year with even more service projects to engage DU students in creating change in our greater Denver community.
DUSC Leadership and Contact Information
If you have any service opportunities or volunteer projects that you would like DUSC to know about, please email us at:
Ashley Edinger & Sarah Yaffe
Hannah Henderson & Julia Scanlan
Sarah Rowse & Samantha Jain