DU Service & Change (DUSC) is a student organization engaging the DU community in diverse opportunities that facilitate positive change for the greater public good.
DUSC has six separate committees leading different projects:
- Project Action – Weekly volunteer opportunities in the community meant to expose members to a variety of social justice issues. Project Action explores projects meant to start conversations of why these issues exist and the short-term relief volunteering can provide.
- Project Depth – Long term and committed projects where volunteers involved discuss and learn about public issues while exploring their root causes and looking for better solutions.
- Project Volunteer – One day events each quarter where University of Denver students, faculty, and staff can engage in volunteer activities throughout the Denver community.
- Project Connect - Leads drives and fundraisers throughout each quarter that promote awareness and help a specific cause through monetary and item donations.
- Project Immersion - Intensive service that addresses and meets critical community needs in areas like public safety, health, disaster service, environmental stewardship, etc.
- Project Accelerate - Project support for aspiring DUSC student leadership, awareness, and support for a specific cause.
Join us at our biweekly meetings in Driscoll
South, Suite 18, next to the CCESL office (beneath the DU Bookstore).
For updates, questions, and more, email DUSC at email@example.com to be added to our listserv.
Like DUSC on Facebook.
DU Service & Change is proud of the work it accomplished in 2015-16!
During the academic year, 467 DU volunteers served 1,506 hours through 26 unique service projects working with 38 different community and campus partners across Denver. These partners included:
- Adams County Housing
- Asbury Elementary School
- Café 180
- Denver Parks & Recreation
- DU Bridge Community Garden
- DU Center for Multicultural Excellence
- DU Fraternity and Sorority Life
- DU Programming Board
- DU Center for Sustainability
- Groundwork Denver
- Habitat for Humanity
- Jimminy Wicket
- Johnson Elementary School
- MLK Marade
- Oxfam America
- Peace Jam
- Ronald McDonald House
- Trevista Elementary School at Horace Mann
- Stein Elementary School
For full details of DUSC's 2015-16 accomplishments, please review the 2016 Return on Investment (PDF).
DUSC looks forward to an equally successful 2016-17 academic year with even more service projects to engage DU students in creating change in our greater Denver community.
DUSC Leadership and Contact Information
If you have any service opportunities or volunteer projects that you would like DUSC to know about, please email us at:
Ashley Edinger, Kiira Walsh & Michaela Nee
Erin Zamora, Isabella Brenington & Mika Smith | firstname.lastname@example.org
Elisa Martinez, Katie Grogan, Laura Georgiev, Sarah Rowse & Sungmin Yi
David Garcia, Daniel Lorenzo, Miranda Schmidt & Will Ekern
Zainab Dafalla | email@example.com
James Joseph | firstname.lastname@example.org