DU Service & Change (DUSC) is a student organization engaging the DU community in diverse opportunities that facilitate positive change for the greater public good.
DUSC has three separate committees leading different projects:
- Project Action – Regular volunteer opportunities that address a wide range of community issues.
- Project Depth – Long-term and committed service projects where DU students learn about and discuss public issues while exploring their root causes and examining solutions.
- Project Volunteer – One day service events each quarter where University of Denver students, faculty, and staff can engage in volunteer activities in the Denver community.
Join us at our monthly meetings in Driscoll
South, Suite 18, next to the CCESL office (beneath the DU Bookstore). Sign up
for the DUSC listserv for meeting dates and reminders.
For updates, questions, and more: Email DUSC at email@example.com to be added to our listserv.
Like DUSC on Facebook.
You can help DU Service & Change and Diversity Summit break down education inequity by participating in a campus wide fundraiser and awareness campaign to benefit Day of Action 2014 partner schools Smith Elementary and Munroe Elementary: Let's get DU talking about THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!
DU Service & Change completed an outstanding inaugural year in 2012-13!
During the academic year, 221 DU volunteers served 1,097.5 hours through 21 unique service projects working with 12 different community and campus partners across Denver. These partners included:
- The Bridge Project
- Denver's Road Home
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Grant Avenue Street Reach Meal Center
- Habitat for Humanity
- Munroe Elementary School
- Project Homeless Connect
- Ronald McDonald House
- Denver South High School
- DU Center for Multicultural Excellence
- DU Chaplain's Office
- DU Programming Board
For full details of DUSC's 2012-13 accomplishments, please review the 2013 Return on Investment (PDF).
The DUSC Board looks forward to an equally successful 2013-14 academic year with even more service projects to engage DU students in creating change in our greater Denver community.
DUSC Leadership and Contact Information
If you have any service opportunities or volunteer projects that you would like DUSC to know about, please email us at:
Project Action Co-Chair:
- Brianna Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neda Kikhia: email@example.com
Project Depth Co-Chair:
Sarah Yaffe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Volunteer Co-Chairs:
Adviser and CCESL Program Coordinator:
- Ryan Hanschen: email@example.com