DU Service & Change (DUSC) is a student organization engaging the DU community in diverse opportunities that facilitate positive change for the greater public good.
DUSC has four separate committees leading different projects:
- Project Action – Weekly volunteer opportunities in the community meant to expose members to a variety of social justice issues. Project Action explores projects meant to start conversations of why these issues exist and the short-term relief volunteering can provide.
- Project Depth – Long term and committed projects where volunteers involved discuss and learn about public issues while exploring their root causes and looking for better solutions.
- Project Volunteer – One day events each quarter where University of Denver students, faculty, and staff can engage in volunteer activities throughout the Denver community.
- Project Connect - Leads drives and fundraisers throughout each quarter that promote awareness and help a specific cause through monetary and item donations.
Join us at our monthly meetings in Driscoll
South, Suite 18, next to the CCESL office (beneath the DU Bookstore).
For updates, questions, and more, email DUSC at email@example.com to be added to our listserv.
Like DUSC on Facebook.
DU Service & Change is proud of the work it accomplished in 2014-2015!
During the academic year, 381 DU volunteers served 1,756 hours through 24 unique service projects working with 17 different community and campus partners across Denver. These partners included:
- African Community Center
- Asbury Elementary School
- The Bridge Project
- Café 180
- College Track
- Denver Parks & Recreation
- DU Center for Multicultural Excellence
- DU Programming Board
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Four Winds Indigenous Gardens
- Habitat for Humanity
- MLK Marade
- Oxfam America
- Porter Place
- Rocky Mountain Field Institute
- Ronald McDonald House
- Smith Elementary School
- Stein Elementary School
For full details of DUSC's 2014-15 accomplishments, please review the 2015 Return on Investment (PDF).
The DUSC Board looks forward to an equally successful 2015-16 academic year with even more service projects to engage DU students in creating change in our greater Denver community.
DUSC Leadership and Contact Information
If you have any service opportunities or volunteer projects that you would like DUSC to know about, please email us at:
Ashley Edinger & Sarah Yaffe
Hannah Henderson, Michaela Nee, Amelia Muniz, Julia Scanlan & Jack Zeis
Sarah Rowse & Samantha Jain | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiira Walsh, Will Ekern & Shannon O'Connor | email@example.com
Teresa Wright & Shiema Elhussen | firstname.lastname@example.org