Welcome to CME's digital home!
We invite you to use the resources on this site to learn more about our work, and how we can help your understanding and action for the University's commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Reflections and resources re: Ferguson
Since the start of the new academic year, CME has been addressing questions and concerns from faculty, staff, and students regarding opportunities for engagement and support for DU community members who are concerned with the ongoing situation in Ferguson, Missouri, and similar events nationally. Understanding that events beyond our campus boundaries can and do have an impact on our day-to-day interactions at DU, CME has prepared a resource document (PDF) to share with our faculty, staff, and student affinity groups. We recognize that all members in our community might also benefit from a friendly reminder of some resources available on campus, and so wish to share this document more widely. We would greatly appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to read it and share with others in your networks.
News & UPCOMING EVENTS
Latino Heritage Month runs from September 15~October 15+. October is LGBT History Month. Check out the events calendars, and share events for upcoming months!
- DU's Staff Advisory Council president, and CME Office Manager, Stefanie Ungphakorn Cowan, are included in The Denver Foundation's recent piece on employee support funds.
- Congratulations to director of diversity recruiting, Dr Debbie Mixon Mitchell, who will the Outstanding Service Award at the fall University employee Convocation! See the story in the DU Magazine online.
- Register now for CO-LEADS social justice leadership summit . CME will sponsor first 25 DU students who commit to bringing their learning back to campus!
- The University working groups on the Status of Women and on Faculty & Staff of Color have released their reports and recommendations, accessible to affiliates via Portfolio login, and will hold public feedback sessions soon. The University working group on Student Campus Climate will also be holding campus conversations. We will post these group's dates once set.
- Check our Publications page for the latest Diversity Engagement Opportunities (DEO) compilation and Bulletin Board in a Bag; and upcoming CME and Joint Council student organization events on our online calendar (at right).