Welcome to CME's digital home!
We invite you to use the resources on this site to learn more about our work, and how we can help your understanding and action for the University's commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Reflections and resources re: Ferguson
Since the start of the new academic year, CME has been addressing questions and concerns from faculty, staff, and students regarding opportunities for engagement and support for DU community members who are concerned with the ongoing situation in Ferguson, Missouri, and similar events nationally. Understanding that events beyond our campus boundaries can and do have an impact on our day-to-day interactions at DU, CME has prepared a resource document (PDF) to share with our faculty, staff, and student affinity groups. We recognize that all members in our community might also benefit from a friendly reminder of some resources available on campus, and so wish to share this document more widely. We would greatly appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to read it and share with others in your networks.
News & UPCOMING EVENTS
Latino Heritage Month runs from September 15~October 15+. October is LGBT History Month. Check out the History & Heritage Month events calendars, and share your events for upcoming months!
- Registration for the 14th Annual Diversity Summit: Fifty Years Since Selma: Your Voice Still Matters! is now open!
- DU's Staff Advisory Council president, and CME Office Manager, Stefanie Ungphakorn Cowan, is included in The Denver Foundation's recent piece on employee support funds.
- Congratulations to student staffer Brian Yoshida, highlighted in a new series in the DU magazine.
- The University working groups on the Status of Women and on Faculty & Staff of Color have released their reports and recommendations, accessible to affiliates via Portfolio login, and will hold public feedback sessions soon. The University working group on Student Campus Climate will also be holding campus conversations. We will post these group's dates once set.
- Check our Publications page for the latest Diversity Engagement Opportunities (DEO) compilation and Bulletin Board in a Bag. Upcoming CME and Joint Council student organization events on our online calendar (at right).