We invite you to use the resources on this site to learn more about our work, and how we can support your understanding and action for the University's commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Recognizing the need for such skills and space, the division of Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence has formed a new program area, focused on Inclusion and Equity Education. With on- and off-campus partners, we are developing a range of opportunities for the DU community to improve and apply dialogue skills. Some initial offerings:
- Informational, reflection and action community resources around Fall term's current events
- Pilot gender intergroup dialogue courses for Winter 2017: details and to express interest
- Sustained Dialogue initiative , including 1/2017 facilitator training application
We appreciate the passions and attentions so many are giving to the important issues of our day, and the desire to engage them on our campus. We look forward to the challenging, but ultimately more constructive work of DialogUing.
2017 Diversity summit
Details on the 2017 Diversity Summit on Inclusive Excellence continue to roll out. Online registration, award nominations and limited workshop proposals are still be accepted! Details are posted, as available, at www.du.edu/diversitysummit
New DU TraditionDU helds its 1st annual International Day of Peace observance on 9/21, with the theme, Many Stories, One DU. As we came back together as a community for the new school year, and looked back on a year of many challenges and tensions in our world, we wanted to recognize the power of peace. Read the DU News advance story on this new tradition. DU organizations are hosting follow-up action projects to continue the momentum; a more information on how to get involved is here (PDF file).
The Center for Multicultural Excellence has moved!
- Our Undergraduate Success programs and staff are in the Driscoll Underground (ground floor north, beyond the Info Desk).
- Our new Graduate Student Success Suite, new Native American Community Partnerships and Programs Director, and other staff are in the 2nd floor Campus Life suite of Driscoll Center North.
Phone numbers, emails, and web presence remain the same. Stay tuned for additional announcements about space, org structure, staff and program offerings!
CME IS HIRING!
Would you like to engage in meaningful work that helps to advance DU's commitment to Inclusive Excellence? Have you been awarded a 2016-17 work-study? Then consider joining the CME team! We are currently seeking hard-working, passionate students for a variety of exciting and challenging positions.
You can browse our open positions here by logging in as instructed and entering 'Center for Multicultural Excellence' into the search bar.
- Check our Publications page for the latest Diversity Engagement Opportunities (DEO) compilation, Bulletin Boards in a Bag and annual reports.