The Center for Multicultural Excellence aspires to make the CME study/work facility as friendly and accessible as possible. To support your academic and professional success and/or your campus organizations, we provide:
- a computer lab with shared printer, casual meeting/study space ("the Commons"), a conference room, and a kitchen with refrigerator and microwave
- basic academic reference materials and office supplies (stapler, tape, etc)
- 2 all-gender restrooms
- 3 metered, guest parking spaces (along alley at west end of building)
- 24/7 access via security card swipe (see below)
And to help us maintain this support, we have created the following guidelines for those taking advantage of our facilities:
CME is open during regular business hours, through the main entrance at the northwest end of the building. (A curbcut and automatic door are located at the northeast end, nearer University Blvd.)
Outside these hours (i.e., evenings, weekends and holidays), registered DU affiliates can access the Center using their Pioneer ID card at the northeast door. DU students, staff and faculty will need to fill out a brief web form (below) requesting access via DU Pioneer ID card; graduates see Alumni (below) for access instructions.
For safety reasons, we ask that you not open the door for anyone during non-business hours. (Anyone who enters the building after business hours should already have their own access.) University policy also restricts use of Pioneer ID cards to their owner; therefore, affiliates may not lend their IDs to anyone else, even other affiliates, in order for them to access or use the Center.
We encourage late night visitors to call Campus Safety's non-emergency number (303.871.2334) to request an escort to/from CME.
By using our facility, you agree to assist us in keeping it safe, usable and welcoming to others. Specifically, we ask that you:
- Clean up after yourself. Leave CME in as good or better condition than you found it.
- Return furniture to its original position if you move it.
- Wash and put away any dishes you use (soap, water and towels are provided in the kitchen), and clean counter and table tops.
- Throw away all items (cups, napkins, food boxes/wrappings, etc.), recycling what you can in provided blue bins.
- Not open the door for anyone outside regular business hours, or prop doors open for any reason. See Access above and Guests below.
- Be respectful of other users through conscientious use of space, and the volume and content of your conversations, music, etc.
- Be aware of safety features and emergency procedures posted conspicuously throughout the building.
Among the resources CME provides to DU affiliates is the use of common computer workstations and a shared printer, which should be used respectfully and responsibly.
DU graduates who would like after-hours access can request an Alumni Access Form, by which to reactivate or receive their own Pioneer ID card. Please email your request, including your name, graduation year and academic program, to firstname.lastname@example.org; we will reply with the form to complete.
Completed forms must be returned in person to the DU Pioneer Card Office in the Driscoll Center, who can reactivate and add CME access to existing Pioneer Cards, or can produce a Pioneer Card for alumni without one. A photo ID is required to validate your application; new cards will require a photo be taken at the time of issue; and there may be a fee for the card. For DU Pioneer Card Office location, hours of operations and other details, visit www.du.edu/pioneercard or call 303.871.4545.
Use of the Center is provided by the University for current students, staff, faculty and alumni. While non-affiliate guests (family, friends) are welcome, they must be accompanied at all times by their affiliate host, and should allow current affiliates priority use of computers and other services. Affiliates are responsible for the actions of anyone who enters the Center as your guest (on 'your card swipe'), including personal liability for any damages.
A violation of any sections of the CME Building Access/Usage Policy can result in your access privileges' being revoked, in addition to other applicable University conduct/ disciplinary actions.
I understand that the electronic security card swipe system helps the Center for Multicultural Excellence make the facility available to me on a 24-hour basis and tracks who is in the building at all times. I agree to abide by the CME Building Access/Usage and Computer Policies (above) and understand that my access privileges can be revoked for violating any aspects of the policies.
This online function will be activated soon. In the meanwhile, please contact our Officer Manager, Stefanie Cowan (at email/number at right) to request access.
Please note that access is not immediate, and make take several business days to activate on your Pioneer ID card. Please plan accordingly.