This page highlights recent news coverage and other notables about CME staff, programs and larger University Inclusive Excellence achievements.
- Congratulations to CME student staffers Addis Sisay and Crystal Murillo, whose team placed 1st in the 2014 Daniels College Inclusive Excellence Case Competition! team photo (Flickr)
- Associate Provost Frank Tuitt was interviewed recently for WEIU Public Television in eastern Illinois; see his interview here.
- CME staffer Thomas Walker again served as faculty for the Racial Justice Institute at the 2014 Creating Change conference in Houston.
- DU alumn Neivin M. Shalabi raises important questions about, and offers suggestions for, more inclusive programming in new article: Toward inclusive understanding and practice of diversity: Directions for accommodating Muslim and other religious minoritized students on university campuses (Shalabi, 2014)
- Anthea Johnson Rooen, CME staffer, speak to 9 News about the Black Male Initiative Summit.
- CME congratulates staff, Tracey Adams-Peters, for being honored the Outstanding Community Service Award at the 2014 Sigma Gamma Rho "Heart of Gold" Scholarship & Community Awards Luncheon and being recognized in the Denver Urban Spectrum for African Americans Who Make a Difference, listed on page 20.
- CME co-hosted the American Indian College Fund's annual Elders Dinner on campus. GSSW faculty Dr James Moran (Little Shell Chippewa) welcomed more than 250 Native elders and family members; DU alumn-owned Tocabe American Indian Eatery provided food. Other campus partners included staff, alumn and student volunteers, the Office of the Provost and Marketing & Communications. See photos.