This page highlights recent news coverage and other notables about CME staff, programs and larger University Inclusive Excellence achievements.
- Congratulations to director of diversity recruiting, Dr Debbie Mixon Mitchell, who received the Outstanding Service Award at the fall2014 University employee Convocation!
- Congratulations to associate provost Dr Frank Tuitt, who will receive the 2014 Mildred García Senior Exemplary Scholarship Award from the Association for the Study of Higher Education’s Council on Ethnic Participation (ASHE-CEP), for exemplary research contributions related to populations of color.
- Congratulations to CME student staffers Addis Sisay and Crystal Murillo, whose team placed 1st in the 2014 Daniels College Inclusive Excellence Case Competition! team photo (Flickr)
- Associate Provost Frank Tuitt was interviewed recently for WEIU Public Television in eastern Illinois; see his interview here.
- CME staffer Thomas Walker again served as faculty for the Racial Justice Institute at the 2014 Creating Change conference in Houston.
- DU alumn Neivin M. Shalabi raises important questions about, and offers suggestions for, more inclusive programming in new article: Toward inclusive understanding and practice of diversity: Directions for accommodating Muslim and other religious minoritized students on university campuses (Shalabi, 2014)
- Anthea Johnson Rooen, CME staffer, speak to 9 News about the Black Male Initiative Summit.
- CME congratulates staff, Tracey Adams-Peters, for being honored the Outstanding Community Service Award at the 2014 Sigma Gamma Rho "Heart of Gold" Scholarship & Community Awards Luncheon and being recognized in the Denver Urban Spectrum for African Americans Who Make a Difference, listed on page 20.
- CME co-hosted the American Indian College Fund's 2013 Elders Dinner on campus. GSSW faculty Dr James Moran (Little Shell Chippewa) welcomed more than 250 Native elders and family members; DU alumn-owned Tocabe American Indian Eatery provided food. Other campus partners included staff, alumn and student volunteers, the Office of the Provost and Marketing & Communications. See photos.