The Center for Multicultural Excellence works with various DU communities, even beyond graduation, in collaboration with DU Office of Alumni Relations. Graduates are invited to get connected with the following alumni affinity groups, in addition to overall, school/program-based groups and geographical chapters.
African American Alumni Association (A4)
The mission of the African-American Alumni Association is to increase, retain and improve the quality of life for African American students at the University; examine the quality of life of African American students at the University of Denver, develop programs that will enhance the quality of life for African American students while on the campus of the University, provide an opportunity for African American Alumni to remain connected to the University; and create a connection that attracts, retains, and supports African American students at the University of Denver.
Phone: (303) 877-2701
American Indian Alumni Association
The new American Indian Alumni Association is dedicated toward the promotion of the American Indian community at the University of Denver. AIAA strives to enhance the lives of past, present and future American Indian students through establishing a familial bond and thread of community with the University. Through our dedication we hope to enhance and develop initiatives to provide the best educational opportunity for American Indian undergraduate, graduate and law students
Contact: Erica Wood, Asc Director of Alumni Engagement and Outreach, DU Alumni Relations
Asian Alumni Association (A3)
The new A3 groups works to serve the needs and interests of Asian alumni. This organization’s goals are to:
- Establish and maintain a diverse network and support group amongst Asian American alumni of DU
- Develop community relationships through outreach and service once per quarter
- Increase alumni relations with current students by providing guidance and support to the undergraduate population through mentorship and connections with student organizations
- Sustain connections with graduate students at the institution
- Support university recruitment and retention of Asian American candidates for both undergraduate and graduate enrollment, as well as faculty and administrative positions
- Encourage involvement of alumni in university affairs
- Promote diversity and Inclusive Excellence with every event
- Preserve a long term and healthy relationship with the university, while maintaining a strong presence on campus
Website: c/o http://alumni.du.edu
DU Latino Alumni Association (DULAA)
The Latino Alumni Association is dedicated to serving the needs of the Latino community. DULAA exists to support, promote and channel the academic, social, professional and developmental interests of DU's Latino community, both past, present and future.
LGBTIQA Alumn Network
Alumns identifying as and/or interested in issues around Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/ Questioning and Ally communities are invited stay connected for business and social networking, educational opportunities and more!
Listserv (private, low-volume): https://listserv.du.edu/mailman/listinfo/alum-lgbtiq