Black & African American Services
CME coordinates Black and African American Services at the University of Denver with a mission to foster support, outreach, cultural events and activities as they pertain to DU’s Black population.
CME services | campus organizations | upcoming events | contacts
A bi-weekly e-newsletter distributed to the Black community at DU, highlighting events and announcements that meet the needs and interests of the Black community.
If you would like to receive it, please e-mail Evette.firstname.lastname@example.org, to have your name/e-mail placed on the distribution list.
Black/African American Resource Guide
Updated and distributed annually, the Guide showcases area businesses and events with an emphasis on the Black community, as well as contact information for Black staff, faculty and alumni affiliated with the University of Denver.
View/print/download a copy here (PDF). If you would like to receive updated versions as available, please e-mail Evette.email@example.com to have your name/e-mail placed on the distribution list.
Black History at DU
Our unit maintains a small database of Black history at DU, and will be posted online soon.
Calendar of Events
A calendar of events, which represents our sponsored events and those from campus partners can be found below.
The following organizations connect and support students, staff, faculty and alumns. For more information, please use provided links and/or email contact persons.
upcoming campus events
- 7th @6:30pm (Craig Hall): Slam Poetry Night, featuring Greg Delaney (hosted by BSA)
- 15th @ 6:30pm (Craig Hall): Tribute to Hip Hop, featuring Reiland Rebaka (hosted by BSA)
- 19th, DU Black Male Luncheon
- 20th @5.30pm: CME Flick & Feed/Back movie discussion and meal: Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin
- 22nd, 8am-5pm: A Day at DU Service Project
- 28th, 6:30pm: Music Showcase, featuring Talent Among Us & Colorado Operations (hosted by BSA)
To submit events that could be listed here, please email Evette Allen.
Visit us at the Center, and/or email Tracey Peters or Evette Allen.