|Inclusive Excellence Incubator
In 2011, the Provost's Renew DU initiative (PDF) was created to solicit, consider and recommend ideas for further strengthening DU's academic programs. Inclusive Excellence was one of five determined priority areas, with a dedicated "incubator" working group gathered to identify initiatives for funding and implementation.
For the 2012-13 year, the IE incubator synthesized numerous faculty-generated ideas and submitted a proposal for the establishment of IRISE (Interdisciplinary Research Incubator for the Study of (In)Equality), a draft of which is available here (PDF). The incubator working groups invites feedback from the campus, via this online form.
Membership (Fall 2012)
- Catherine Smith, Sturm College of Law
- Jim Moran, Graduate School of Social Work
- Lisa Martinez, Sociology
- Michele Hanna, Graduate School of Social Work
- Rafael Fajardo, Art & Art History
- Sarah Pessin, Philosophy /Center for Judaic Studies
- Sharon Lassar, Accountancy, Daniels College of Business
- Sheila Schroeder, Media, Film & Journalism Studies
- Tom Romero, Sturm College of Law
Watch for updates on IRISE and other Inclusive Excellence-engaging initiatives.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org