We invite you to use the resources on this site to learn more about our work, and how we can help your understanding and action for the University's commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
14th annual Diversity Summit on Inclusive Excellence
Thanks to everyone who made the 14th annual DU Diversity Summit such a success: attendees, sponsors, presenters and volunteers! Please complete the email evaluation, and share your Summit stories and pictures with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, all members of the DU community are invited to attend this week's Graduate Research and Performance Summit, Friday, January 30th. Details and registration via portfolio.du.edu/grps or www.facebook.com/events/1592493057628931
Chancellor's announced administrative changes
On December 4, Chancellor Chopp notified the University community of some structural changes at DU that affect CME, namely the creation of a new senior leadership position, the Vice Chancellor for Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence, to whom we will eventually report.
News & UPCOMING EVENTS
- Our winter Flick & Feed/Back meal and movie discussion, this quarter with the Center for Judaic Studies, is Beginners, on February 4th.
- February is Black History Month . See our e-calendar (at right) for events, and post our Bulletin Board in a Bag to spread the word.
- Kudos to student leader Arimus Wells for sharing his motivations for being engaged, in a new story in the DU Magazine.
- Our Reflections and Resources Re: Ferguson+ have moved to our Publications page.
- Congratulations to associate provost Dr Frank Tuitt on the publication of his most recent, co-edited book: Black Faculty in the Academy (Routlegde, 2015).
- Thomas Walker joins Morgridge College professor Patton Garriott, and former Morgridge professor Lori Patton on the Editorial Board of The Journal of Diversity in Higher Education , and will again be faculty for the Racial Justice Institute at the Creating Change conference here in Denver next month.
- The University releases report on founder's role in the 1864 Sand Creek Massacre, and hosts and notes various related events.
- Check our Publications page for the latest Diversity Engagement Opportunities (DEO) compilation and Bulletin Board in a Bag. Upcoming CME and Joint Council student organization events on our online calendar (at right).