We invite you to use the resources on this site to learn more about our work, and how we can help your understanding and action for the University's commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Year End Review Presentation
Members of the University community were invited to attend our year-end review presentation on Tuesday morning, 16 June. CME staff recapped our 2014-15 initiatives and programs, and shared tentative plans for the upcoming year. We will post the slideshow here soon. Check out our CME Celebration video.
Chancellor announces administrative changes
On December 4, 2014, Chancellor Chopp notified the University community of some structural changes at DU that affect CME, namely the creation of a new senior leadership position, the Vice Chancellor for Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence, to whom we would eventually report. In March 2015, she announced plans to also add Diversity Recruitment and Retention Leader in Human Resources (hiring underway), and a Senior Associate Provost for Diversity, Equity and Inclusive Excellence and Senior Advisor to the Chancellor for Diversity and External Relations. These two additional officers will work in concert with the new vice chancellor on institution-wide IE transformation, building on the ongoing Imagine DU initiatives.
- On May 26th, Dr Liliana Rodriguez was announced as the new vice chancellor, joining our community from July 1.
- On May 28th, the Chancellor announced that our Dr Frank Tuitt, will become Senior Advisor to the Chancellor and Provost on Diversity and Inclusion effective September 1, working in part to refine plans and lay groundwork for the permanent Sr Asc Provost position. IRISE and faculty/sr admin diversity recruiting will continue to report to him.
- June 1st, the Chancellor announced that our Johanna Leyba will become the Acting Associate Vice Chancellor for Inclusive Excellence and Executive Director of the Center for Multicultural Excellence from July 1.
- DU Clarion coverage of these announcements.
We've been assured that programs and services through CME, IRISE and Student Life will continue with minimal changes for the foreseeable future. Stay for tuned for updates!
- Staff and faculty are invited to bring a lunch and participate in a national webinar on Racial Climate on Campus: Best Practices for Education, Response & Adjudication with Rev. Dr. Jamie Washington. We'll cover strategies for engaging in best practices that meet the needs of our diverse student body so we can educate students about what constitutes racist speech and action, respond to incidents swiftly and effectively when they do occur, and adjudicate incidents effectively and fairly. Wednesday, 22 July, 12-2pm in Sturm Hall 453. Space is limited. Please RSVP to email@example.com or on Facebook
- Check out the Human Resources' Fridays@Noon lunch and learn series page, where the 6/26 session with our Thomas Walker has been posted.
- Summer Q&A Training sessions have been scheduled; see details and register via tinyurl.com/Summer2015QnA
- Summer sharing! The English Language Center is holding summer Conversation Partner Lunches! PDF flyer has details and contact info.
Congratulations to these faculty colleagues active in Inclusive Excellence work with CME/IRISE, on their promotions and/or tenure, effective this fall:
- We're HIRING! We have begun to post work award student staff positions for next year. Search for our department under work-study link at www.du.edu/studentemployment/students/jobs Other on- and off-campus positions, including those not requiring work awards, are linked there as well.
- Check our Publications page for the latest Diversity Engagement Opportunities (DEO) compilation and Bulletin Board in a Bag. Upcoming CME and Joint Council student organization events on our online calendar (at right).