As part of DU's Center for Multicultural Excellence, we coordinate and support campus efforts to create a truly inclusive climate for peoples of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions. We welcome your questions, suggestions and other input as we provide education, advocacy and support services to the campus community, with particular emphasis on DU's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/ Questioning and Ally (LGBTIQA) communities.
Office Contact Information
- CME staff coordinator: Thomas Walker
- office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 303.871.4614 (TTY, please use Relay)
- FAX: 303.871.7700 (ATTN: LGBTIQA or staff member name)
- social media: links to our Facebook and Twitter presences (/QatDU) are at left
- mail or in-person: see CME location
campus LGBTIQ&A organization email listservs
In addition to their websites, social media presence and/or email accounts (see Campus Organizations), a number of DU-related organizations and working groups use email listservs to keep their members informed and connected. These private listservs provide a simple, convenient means of keeping our communities informed and connected; and we’d love to count you among that network.
In considering whether and which listserv(s) to join, please note the following:
- ALL listservs are private. Subscribers list is available only to the few list managers. Your name/email will not be visible to other subscribers unless you post a message to the listserv.
- Subscribers can post directly to their listservs by addressing an email to the list address. (There is no need to ask us to post relevant messages for you, so long as you are subscribed to the list you’re sending to, and sending from that subscribed email address.)
- To protect against spam and other forms of abuse, most listservs are moderated –posts must be approved by list managers before being distributed. Please keep this delay in mind when posting to a list; depending on time of day and day of the week—it might be minutes or hours before a moderator gets to your message.
- To help keep message traffic to a useful minimum, we send a weekly digest of news items to all non-alumn lists each Friday morning. We strongly encourage you to plan ahead and submit it for this digest by Thursday evening rather than sending it individually. You can submit brief announcements (<250 words, NO graphics or attachments, and with a phone/email/website contact for additional information), by emailing email@example.com.
- Because the audience is slightly different for each list, many messages are sent to multiple/all lists. To help best manage the amount of messages you receive, we urge you to sign up only for those lists that apply to your primary connection to DU.
The current listservs are listed below, with a brief description of the intended audience of each. You can use the respective link to manage your own subscription: join a list (as appropriate), change your address on or unsubscribe from it. (You receive an automated confirmation of most changes.) Once you have successfully subscribed, the email address listed beside the name can be used to send messages to that listserv.
Queer DU Info
Unlike the listservs below, this is not for an organization per se, but rather is an umbrella listserv for all the affinity organizations above, as well as Safezone/Queer & Ally Training participants, other interested Pioneers, alumns and community friends. The weekly E-digest newsletter is sent to this listserv (and the QSA listserv). NOTE: If you are subscribed to one of the listservs below, you do NOT need to join this one; you will receive largely duplicate messages!
To join, change or unsubscribe, visit: https://listserv.du.edu/mailman/listinfo/queerdu-info
Queer FACULTY Association (QFA)
For members of the QFA organization –those whose primary DU affiliation is as faculty/instructor, and/or whose job responsibilities include for-credit teaching. QFA members /subscribers are also invited to join/subscribe to QUE (see below). To join, change or unsubscribe, visit: https://listserv.du.edu/mailman/listinfo/queer-faculty
Queer University EMPLOYEES (QUE)
For members of QUE –those whose primary DU affiliation is as staff or faculty. QUE is open to ALL employees, including faculty who are also members/subscribers for QFA (see above). To join, change or unsubscribe, visit: https://listserv.du.edu/mailman/listinfo/lgbtiqa-staff
Queer Straight Alliance (QSA)
For members of QSA –those whose primary DU affiliation is as a STUDENT. QSA is primarily an undergraduate student organization; if you are interested in being involved with a pan-campus graduate student organization, please contact us. To join, change or unsubscribe, visit: https://listserv.du.edu/mailman/listinfo/pride-info
For former students of DU, interested in remaining connected. To join, change or unsubscribe, visit: https://listserv.du.edu/mailman/listinfo/alum-lgbtiq