Welcome to the University of Denver's College Access and Pipeline Programs (CAPPs) Center! We are developing a pipeline of leaders for the future!
CME, in collaboration various DU and off campus offices and organizations, offer a number of activities and programs for future Pioneers at all levels of education. This is your one-stop site for information and resources related to college access initiatives at DU for K-12 students, families and school counselors!
This page is also for undergraduates and graduate students interested in a master's (MA, MS, MSW, MFA, etc.) or a doctorate (EdD, PhD), beyond your bachelor's degree.
"College access (and success) refers to the field occupied by organizations working to ensure that all students graduate from high school with the ability." --The Root Cause, Social Issues Report: September 2010
Vision: To create educational equity for students and to be the University of Choice for historically underrepresented students.
Mission: The College Access and Pipeline Program (CAPP) will fulfill the DU commitment to the public good and commitment to Inclusive Excellence by providing and supporting college access related activities and initiatives designed to increase in historically underrepresented students and graduate with their college degree(s) in general, and the University of Denver in particular.
"Historically Underrepresented Students" are defined here as Native American, African American, Latina/o, first generation, low income, LGBT students.
- Anthea Johnson Rooen, MBA, Director for Inclusive Excellence College Access and Pipelines Programs
- Adrienne Martinez, MSW, Assistant Director, Student Access and Success Programs
College Awareness and Readiness: Kindergarten - 12th grade
- PIO campus visits
- Black Male Initiatives Summit and Scholars Program
- Summit Day of Action
- CCESL – Public Achievement
- CABPES (Colorado Association of Black Professional Engineers and Scientists)
- Colorado MESA (Mathematics, Engineering and Science Achievement)
College Preparation and Selection: 10th – 12th Grades
- CME Prospective Pioneers page
- Office of Admission (undergraduate)
- Colorado Women's College
- University College - professional and continuing education
- Pioneer Prep Program
- DU Financial Aid
- Delta ACT Test Preparation Course
- University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Center Diversity Programs