The Center for Multicultural Excellence works with various DU communities, even beyond graduation, often in collaboration with Office of Alumni Relations. We welcome all graduates committed to Inclusive Excellence to engage the following opportunities.
Profiles of Excellence graduation celebration
Each spring, our Profiles of Excellence event celebrate our graduates, and those how helped them succeed, with a pre-Commencement ceremony and tokens of pride. Representatives of our affinity alumni organizations (below) welcome them into their next phase of Pioneer spirit.
Alumni Affinity Organizations
Alumni of ACTION supports the Black, Asian, Indigenous and Latino communities by Advocating Collaboration Through Inclusive Excellence, Outreach and Networking. Our affinity groups provide the chance to work with fellow Pioneers of color to enhance opportunities for students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- The Black Alumni Affinity group (BAA) promotes lasting connections among Black alumni, students, staff and faculty at the University of Denver. We value a sense of shared community and giving back to help create opportunities and promote growth for future generations.
- The Indigenous Alumni Affinity group (IAA) is dedicated to promoting and supporting the indigenous community at the University. By establishing a familial bond among students past, present and future, we work together to develop initiatives to provide the best educational opportunities for indigenous undergraduate, graduate and law students.
- The Asian Alumni Affinity group (A3) serves the needs and interests of Asian alumni and students through social and community events.
- The Latino Alumni Affinity group (DULAA) supports, promotes and channels the academic, social, professional and developmental interests of DU's Latino community—past, present and future. DULAA is committed to helping Latino students succeed both in and outside of the classroom.
We're also collaborating to formalize our LGBTIQ&Ally Alumn Network , for alumns identifying as and/or interested in issues around Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning and Ally communities are invited stay connected for business and social networking, educational opportunities and more.
Alumni also participate in, assist with and provide support for a variety of our initiatives, including:
- Diversity Summit on Inclusive Excellence: planning committee membership, day-of volunteering and participation
- Multicultural Welcome Lunch: an annual kickoff to the school year, on Labor Day
We invite you to review the program information and contact coordinators to find how you can stay actively connected!