CME coordinates Black and African American Services at the University of Denver with a mission to foster support, outreach, cultural events and activities as they pertain to DU's Black population.
A bi-weekly e-newsletter distributed to the Black community at DU, highlighting events and announcements that meet the needs and interests of the Black community.
If you would like to receive it, please e-mail Evette below, to have your name/e-mail placed on the distribution list.
Black/African American Resource Guide
Updated and distributed annually, the Guide showcases area businesses and events with an emphasis on the Black community, as well as contact information for Black staff, faculty and alumni affiliated with the University of Denver.
View/print/download a copy here (PDF). If you would like to receive updated versions as available, please contact Evette below to have your name/e-mail placed on the distribution list.
Black History at DU
Our unit maintains a small database of Black history at DU, and will be posted online soon.
Calendar of Events
A calendar of events, which represents our sponsored events and those from campus partners can be found below.
The following organizations connect and support students, staff, faculty and alumns. For more information, please use provided links and/or email contact persons.
- Black Alumni Affinity Group. Contact Natley Farris, DU Alumni Relations liaison.
- Association for Sisters in Higher Education (ASHE). Contact Nashwa Bolling
- Black Graduate Student Association (BGSA). Email email@example.com
- Black Law Student Association (BLSA)
- Black Student Alliance (BSA). Contact Cameron Simmons, president
- Sistah Network of Black women pursuing their masters or doctoral degrees, and their faculty/staff mentors.
21-22nd, Black Male Initiative Summit
7-8th: Colorado Black Student Leadership Conference
To submit events that could be listed here, please email Evette below.
DU is a member of the Association for Black Culture Centers (ABCC).