CME coordinates Black and African American Services at the University of Denver with a mission to foster support, outreach, cultural events and activities as they pertain to DU's Black population.
Black/African American Resource Guide
Updated and distributed annually, the Guide showcases area businesses and events with an emphasis on the Black community, as well as contact information for Black staff, faculty and alumni affiliated with the University of Denver.
View/print/download a copy here (PDF). If you would like to receive updated versions as available, please contact Tracey below to have your name/e-mail placed on the distribution list.
Calendar of Events
A calendar of events, which represents our sponsored events and those from campus partners can be found below.
The following organizations connect and support students, staff, faculty and alumns. For more information, please use provided links and/or email contact persons.
- Black Alumni Affinity Group. Contact Natley Farris, DU Alumni Relations liaison.
- Association for Sisters in Higher Education (ASHE). Contact Debbie Mixon Mitchell
- Black Graduate Student Association (BGSA). Email firstname.lastname@example.org | Facebook
- Black Law Student Association (BLSA)
- Black Student Alliance (BSA). Contact Cameron Simmons, president
- Sistah Network of Black women pursuing their masters or doctoral degrees, and their faculty/staff mentors.
Watch for details on these and other events, including those listed in the calendar at right:
To submit events that could be listed here, please email Tracey below.
Visit us at the Center, and/or email Tracey Peters.
DU is a member of the Association for Black Culture Centers (ABCC).