Facilitating Positive Change
NOTE: For the 2016-17 school year, we have made some changes to the FORWARD program! Beginning this year, we are focusing the program on a smaller number of participants, and are providing a modest hourly rate for those students able to commit to ~8 hours/week in training, meeting and facilitation.
FORWARD offers DU affiliates the opportunity to develop and apply their understanding and action around Inclusive Excellence (IE) on a deeper level. Participants receive training from CME, and facilitate educational presentations and dialogues for campus programs.
- Provides opportunities for DU affiliates to develop deeper knowledge, experience and skills for constructively engaging diversity issues
- Embeds IE content and process experts across the institution
- Augments the educational impact of CME through a larger presence IE presenters/facilitators across the campus
Selected participants commit to:
- an intensive, on-campus training retreat on IE content concepts and dialogue facilitation skills. The Fall 2016 dates will be determined when the facilitator team is hired. Meals and all materials are provided free to selected participants.
- training for specific program models and/or content (e.g., Voices of Discovery, Queer & Ally Training); specific times (1-4 hours) varies by content
- Team Meetings a minimum of once per month (for program updates, facilitation debriefs, peer support, etc); schedules negotiated each term
- approximately 8 hours/week of meetings, prep/debrief and facilitation
- professional training and practical experience
- $16/hour (non-benefited, hourly position, up to $4000 for school year)
- satisfaction of having contributed substantially to improving DU climate for diversity
- logistical support for workshops and facilitations
- snazzy FORWARD apparel
- letters of participation and/or reference
A new initiative from 2012, we piloted the program with graduate students; and now include advanced undergraduate students as well. We are exploring options for staff and faculty.
PLEASE NOTE: To be hired, applicants must already have substantial participation experience in programs (i.e. courses, workshops, seminars, etc.) focused on diversity, Inclusive Excellence, social justice, intergroup relations, intercultural communication and/or other related fields. Building on this existing foundation, FORWARD facilitators take their understanding to the next level by sharing it with others. Experience with public presentation/speaking, discussion leading and other change leadership is a plus, but not necessary.
Affiliates looking for an introduction to or simply more experience with these topics are invited to explore other upcoming campus IE opportunities (e.g., our DEO compilation) and to apply in future cohorts.
Review full position description via www.du.edu/studentemployment, and follow links to OFF-CAMPUS options, searching for Job#16650. (Classified this way as it does not require a work-award.)
Complete the brief online application there AND then email firstname.lastname@example.org 1) a current resumé/CV, and 2) a cover letter briefly and clearly explaining a) your interest in the position and b) how you bring the skills, knowledge and abilities listed in the job description. MS Word, PDF or txt/rtf formats are fine as email attachments.
We will followup with top candidates for interviews.
Specific questions beyond the information addressed here? Email us at email@example.com