Compromising slightly more than half the student body at DU, graduate and professional students are critical players in sharing and engaging Inclusive Excellence through their role as learners and leaders.
Most CME Programs & Services are open to graduate students, in addition to these opportunities with a particular relevance to post-bacc students:
- Inclusive Excellence Fellows program
- FORWARD facilitation training
- Latina/o Graduate Association
- Multicultural Welcome Luncheon: Each fall Discoveries (orientation) Week, CME hosts a welcome luncheon for new students and their families, to meet another, learn about CME and connect with current students, organizations and resources. Check our calendar (at right) and RSVP to join us.
- Multicultural Graduate Student Welcome is an additional, graduate student-specific event held fall quarter to welcome new and returning graduate students back to campus. This reception provides an opportunity to network with faculty, staff, and students from other disciplines, and to learn about the many graduate student groups and opportunities at the University of Denver. Watch our calendar (at right) for details on the next event.
- Sistah Network provides graduate student women who identify as Black opportunities for academic and professional development.
as well as employment opportunities, through work award positions (via Student Employment website).
other campus resources
Our affiliated IRISE initiative also offers professional development opportunities, most notably research grants and the Dr Roger Salters Summer Doctoral Institute : an annual program to encourage doctoral students from historically marginalized groups to pursue faculty and administrative positions in academia.
While we do NOT offer scholarships or other financial aid directly through the Center, DU's Office of Financial Aid offers various resources, including an online scholarship search .
Finally, the Office of Graduate Studies engages graduate students across the University; and most major academic units have various graduate associations (clubs), in addition to the all-University Graduate Student Government.