The Genders & Sexualities Resource Team (GSRT) is a collaboration between the Center for Multicultural Excellence and Gender & Women's Studies, to better support and expand resources, services and programs around the intersections of genders and sexualities.
The graduate student team strives to connect these related issues and efforts to make a more informed and thus more equitable, stronger campus.
- Our teams goals are to inform, support and research where campus can improve.
- We are conducting an ongoing campus wide audit to find (and resolve) gaps in resources.
- We strive to understand and support the amazing groups and important work that is being done on campus involving gender and sexuality.
- Our focus is on building a campus wide team of people ready to tackle some of the issues that are facing campus.
Currently we are working on:
- Faculty and staff educational services on respecting our non-binary communities.
- Extending resources for the transgender, intersex, and asexual communities on campus.
- Creating space for discussion, safety and education.
- Providing campus-wide educational programming to raise awareness.
And more specifically:
- In the spirit of Thanksgiving will be accepting story submissions about your experience of gender have positively affect you. This will be showcased during the Genders and Sexualities April Event followed by a discussion workshop.
- Putting on a campus-wide event with CAPE addressing the spectrum of gender expression.
- Involvement in the Diversity Summit.
- Bringing educational and motivational speakers like Andrea Gibson and Rocco Kayiatos (AKA Katastrophe) to campus.
- Looking at how other institutions engage Inclusive Excellence around this issues within their community.
We can be contacted with questions and suggestions at email@example.com