The Black History Month planning committee is excited to announce our 2016 events and observances!
Please join us for one or all of the events, and help support black culture on the University of Denver campus.
For more information on each campus event, if you have an event you would like to be featured on the calendar or if you would like to serve on a future Heritage Month planning committee, please contact email@example.com.
View, download and/or post the Black History Month Bulletin Board in a Bag in your area.
The following events will occur during the month of February in celebration of Black History Month. The theme is Hallowed Grounds: Sites of African American Memories.
- World Culture Day, We Speak talent show: Thursday, Feb. 4, 6:30-8:30pm in Lindsay Auditorium. Facebook event
- Black Actors Guild performance: Thursday, Feb. 11, 6:30-7:30pm in Lindsay Auditorium. Facebook event
- Spokentainment: SlamNuba: Thursday, Feb. 18, 7-8:30pm in Craig Hall.
Critical Race Theory in Education Panel Presentation on Black Lives Matter: February 22, 4 - 5:00 pm in
- Straight Outta Compton screening, in collaboration with DUPB: Thursday, Feb. 25 in Davis Auditorium
- BAA Conversation with Chancellor Chopp: Feb. 25, 6-8:00 p.m at Cableland (4150 E. Shangri La Drive). Register for this event here.
Black Male Luncheon: Feb. 26,12-2:00pm in Gottesfeld Room, Ritchie Center. Please RSVP by Wednesday, February 24th by 8:00pm.
We will post events and opportunities as we identify them.
- Black History Month Film Series: www.denver.org/includes/calendar-of-events/Black-History-Month-Film-Series/32114
- Denver Public Library events: https://history.denverlibrary.org/news/black-history-month-events-2016
- Denver Post compilation: http://extras.denverpost.com/news/bhist0202b.htm
The Center for Multicultural Excellence coordinates Black and African American Services at the University of Denver with a mission to foster support, outreach, cultural events and activities as they pertain to DU's Black population.