Our occasional LGBT worklife educational series, in which topical experts from the DU and larger community share their knowledge and experiences. These events provide useful information on issues where our identities impact everyday experiences, and how to navigate those uniquely LGBTIQ intersections. Unless publicized otherwise, these events are free and open to the public.
Check our online calendar for upcoming events.
Past Rainbow Know events have included:
- July 2013: webinar Beyond Binaries: The Experience of Trans* Identified Student in Campus Residential Environments, sponsored by the NASPA GLBT Knowledge Community
- fall 2012 conference calls on LGBT History, with the national Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals
- April 2011: Legally Queer: Know Your Rights with DU alumns Mindy Barton, Director of Legal & Advocacy Program at The Center and Shannon Madsen, Field Manager for ONE Colorado
- February 2011: Adult Love in LGBTQ Relationships, with Jim Thomas, LMFT, EFT and Executive Director, Denver Family Institute
- October 2010: Planning a path to your financial future for LGBT persons, with Daniels College alumn and Ameriprise Financial Advisor Amy Berk
Possible future topics include:
- LGBT legal issues
- Healthy LGBT relationships
- Happily and single in the LGBTQ community
If you have ideas for topics and/or suggestions for experts to share (even yourself!), please let us know.